100m Range

I think everybody knows of some ranges where you can shoot but is there a single place listing them all? If not maybe a sticky thread here with all of them listed in one post might be useful?

Reactions: JTO
If You are BASC member , You can obtain SCC card on one of Basc Bisley range days , Than BASC can book the range at Bisley for You up to 200 meters . You don't have to be NRA member .

Probably a bit late in the day now given the passage of time but Bisley do a stalkers morning every Friday. £25 for an hour. Electronic range targets etc. Good set up. You'll need to take FAC and DSC1 cert. No NRA tests / certificates required. Need to book in advance. Contact the NRA office at Bisley. Good luck.

Probably a bit late in the day now given the passage of time but Bisley do a stalkers morning every Friday. £25 for an hour. Electronic range targets etc. Good set up. You'll need to take FAC and DSC1 cert. No NRA tests / certificates required. Need to book in advance. Contact the NRA office at Bisley. Good luck.
If the NRA offer this then they don’t advertise it. Their website is unclear & offers every assistance short of actual help.
Do you have a link, or are these a clue perhaps?

Skills Development Courses

Gallery Rifle Skills Course

Sporting Rifle

Incidentally the last shows a lefthander shooting a righthand rifle. It all looks very awkward. :)

Sporting Rifle

Incidentally the last shows a lefthander shooting a righthand rifle. It all looks very awkward. :)

You'll find a lot of "South Paws" do this as the availability of LH rifles is not to great.
Actually it's not too bad especially with a tripod or short bipod where you can keep the rifle on target whilst you reload ready for a second shot if necessary.

Atb
Ed

You'll find a lot of "South Paws" do this as the availability of LH rifles is not to great.
Actually it's not too bad especially with a tripod or short bipod where you can keep the rifle on target whilst you reload ready for a second shot if necessary.
Atb
Ed

I know Eddie, but I just don’t buy it.
Having a rifle suited to you makes you equal to everyone else.
Any justification otherwise is an excuse, and a lack of commitment.:evil:

If the NRA offer this then they don’t advertise it. Their website is unclear & offers every assistance short of actual help.
Do you have a link, or are these a clue perhaps?

Skills Development Courses

Gallery Rifle Skills Course

Sporting Rifle

They advertise in the BDS quarterly..... Just ring them up. I spoke to Caroline at NRA reception - very helpful lady. Link with 'phone number attached. If you go I suggest you down load and print their facilities map which shows where the NRA offices are - the place is worse than a b*oody rabbit warren. Visiting Bisley

Or a lack of versatility. :)

I am left handed with left eyed dominant.

Both my hands and eyes work fine however, so I am able to shoot from either shoulder like most other people. My old SBS is set over to the left so I can shoot off the left shoulder with both eyes open...but the other shotguns and all my rifles are right hookers and are shot from the right.

Alan

Or a lack of versatility. :)

I am left handed with left eyed dominant.

Both my hands and eyes work fine however, so I am able to shoot from either shoulder like most other people. My old SBS is set over to the left so I can shoot off the left shoulder with both eyes open...but the other shotguns and all my rifles are right hookers and are shot from the right.
Alan

We’ve had this debate before. I’m the same - left-handed & intrinsically left-eye dominant.
A shotgun is pointed rather than aimed, so the principle is different.

To shoot a rifle off your right shoulder (if that’s what you need to do) you’re using your non-dominant right eye to peer down the ‘scope … probably shutting your left-eye to concentrate on the image fixed in your right eye.:)

Problem is that not all manufacturers cater for us Lefties.:(
Anschutz now only do LH stocks with RH actions.
At the present moment, if I had ready funds without a crisis looming, I would love to replace my Tikka T3 in 6.5x55 with a Sako75 in 6.5x55 and my Brno .22 with an Annie 1417 thumbhole, or add the Annie to my collection as the Brno has served me well. However that leaves the .222
Also if you look at airguns and especially PCPs then the majority of them come with only RH actions and it's a case of which one interferes least with my ability to shoot. As for the bullpups then forget it none are designed for us Lefties.

I have learnt to shoot and shoot well enough not too wound animals but kill them with well placed shots.
I may not win any competitions but then again I'm not interested in target shooting.

Atb
Ed

We’ve had this debate before. I’m the same - left-handed & intrinsically left-eye dominant.
A shotgun is pointed rather than aimed, so the principle is different.

To shoot a rifle off your right shoulder (if that’s what you need to do) you’re using your non-dominant right eye to peer down the ‘scope … probably shutting your left-eye to concentrate on the image fixed in your right eye.:)

It is true that it is only in a right handed world that left handers are considered cack handed or sinister, despite the fact we have to be more dexterous!

Alan

As a heads up to the OP...I have posted the next BDS West Branch Range Day in the events section.

Sunday the 27. January 2009 all the shooting you can eat for £10:00!

But it is 100 yards and not 100 metres...

Alan

Back