17 hmr silencer

bewsher500

have done

I don't actually find them as quiet as others on any applications
IMO a slightly larger diameter (larger void) and closer matching bore:calibre combo will see a better sound attenuation

some of the .17 specific ones are very good

Sash

That is what I have, and it's fine. It is clearly possible that other moderators may be (potentially significantly) better, but is is certainly massively better than no moderator at all!

Pedro

Another one for Sak. Not too heavy, does the business in that it shushes it up (aren't they loud without?) and comes apart to clean. What's not to like?

jb7x57

Will try it and see how it goes, just that its sat there doing nothing so though I would use it to save a variation

FrenchieBoy

The only thing that I would say about using a SAK Moderator on a .17HMR is beware if you have a shortened barrel on your HMR. I used one on my .17HMR which had a 16 inch barrel and I found that after a time the alloy baffles started to burn a little - However this might well not be an issue with say a 20 inch barrel. I ended up putting a Sirocco SM II on my 17HMR and it was fine - The SM II now sits on my .22LR and is still as good as when it was new, and with the tapered end is a little more "asthetically peasing" but that is just a matter of taste.
Just to add to add to that I did not feel that the Sirocco offered any noticable noise reduction over the SAK Moderator - Both did exactly what they were designed for!