19.01 A buck at last....

Tim.243

You can’t shoot them if they don’t turn up, that’s how it has been for quite a few trips on this small block. They are there but only showing in the early hours of the morning.
I have been persistent with my cameras trying to get pictures a couple of days in a row. Three times he showed then nothing the next day!! This morning amongst the 172 pictures of pigeons, pheasants, squirrels etc were two video clips 18.50 on Thursday 19.09 on Friday!!

Being left handed I could tuck into the hedge with the rifle waiting on the sticks, this is something I do a lot as it works. Not having any woods of sorts to stalk you have to tune your shooting to what you have…
A well worn track used by foxes, badgers and Muntjac was in front of me with the clock ticking, never much time on this type of shooting which I prefer as many foxes over the years have needed a quick reaction.

A head appeared through the hedge around 100 yards straight on to the worn trail at a pace, head down on the scope, safety off, quick bark, cross hairs under the chin….all done for the chillier…

25lb dressed...

Tim.243

d0nni

The Muntjac is a lovely we animal - we are only really getting reports of them being spoted in recent years, mainly around ards etc. Someone must have introduced a few across in recent years. I've got to say im really surprised at the size of his neck.

Tim.243

The Muntjac is a lovely we animal - we are only really getting reports of them being spoted in recent years, mainly around ards etc. Someone must have introduced a few across in recent years. I've got to say im really surprised at the size of his neck.
The older bucks are often like that, if they are shot side on (H/L) then the meat from the neck is a lot.

Tim.243

d0nni

nice animal - its nice (in my mind) that they have been introduced here but its yet to see wheter or not they are going to be a mennis or not. already FB pages related to them cropping up for NI

Tim.243

Well done!

Glendine.
Thank you, by chance I checked the sd card this morning with this lad on the same trail....
There was a follower behind a doe some time back so it might well be the off spring of the one I shot Saturday!

Tim.243