1st attempt at muntjac

James0586

I’m on my first muntjac skull prep as I type bloody hard work getting in all the holes etc

Hopefully it will come good.

bazil

Hiya it really is a stunner all my skulls are mounted on wooden shields but now I’ve started putting them on slate shields,I cut them with a jigsaw ,the whiteness shows up incredibly against the grey slate bazil

Rob-E

Hopefully mine will turn out the same! I shot my first muntjac (and deer) yesterday so have it on the boil now. However, after that am not sure on the next steps, as I don't own a pressure washer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Neilmetters1966

Hopefully mine will turn out the same! I shot my first muntjac (and deer) yesterday so have it on the boil now. However, after that am not sure on the next steps, as I don't own a pressure washer.

Everyone iv watched on YouTube use a pressure washer I have one up a tree been there over a month now to let nature's little helpers do it for me lol

Rob-E

I may have to invest! I over booked it so the nose has come apart. I guess super glue is needed!
That or I'll just do the crown.

AN DU RU FOX

no need for pressure washer if only doing odd one, just takes a bit longer ,boil it, scrape it, cut off bits etc pluck bits out of any cracks/crannies bleach it, cover it, rinse it dry it, mount it.done.

Neilmetters1966

I may have to invest! I over booked it so the nose has come apart. I guess super glue is needed!
That or I'll just do the crown.

Over booked ?? I think you mean boiled pressur washers are cheap enough these days it don't have to be a branded one cheapo off eBay will do the trick

Rob-E

Any special tips for the nasal cavity/brain?
It all seems fairly stuck in there and it sounds like I’m breaking things further when trying to pull bits out the nose.