2 questions

J222ROE

​Just a couple questions . Any 1 use tracking collars for there dogs ? And what kind do you use . And what company's are the best for insuring guns dogs ? Any help much appreciated thanks J2R

I use the cheap flouresent ones with flashing lights around them with two hawking bells on.
I insure my dogs with the NFU.Wf1

Brian do you know what the differnce is between the astro and the Alfa for this country.

Last edited:
For gundog insurance it is worth checking out John Lewis. I know it may sound odd to go to a High Street retailer but their rates are very competitive and I can only say that the claims service, in my experience when my dog damaged an eye in gorse, is troublefree without any attempt by them to wriggle.

Out of interest why the DC50

Just because its the latest collar out and according to the bumph I have read, gives greater coverage because it picks up signals from more satellites. have a read online Richard, it explains it far better than I can...

No worries there Brian

just I hav tried out the DC40 up on that syndicate I'm in and it seems to work well there

I don't think you'll be diss appointed when you get one.... The only thing I could find different was the 50 came with the E collar addition
that was why I went for the 40 instead...

Last edited:
No worries there Brian

just I hav tried out the DC40 up on that syndicate I'm in and it seems to work well there

I don't think you'll be diss appointed when you get one.... The only thing I could find different was the 50 came with the E collar addition
that was why I went for the 40 instead...

Ill have to check that again in that case Richard. When I read up on it the other day the main advantage seemed to be that there was more coverage plus some other technology that's lost on me, GLONASS.

Here is one of the links I looked at but can't find the original one now that had a more technical explanation. If it was only the E collar addition, I would be going for the other model. Never seen the need for that addition in dog work... :thumb:

For gundog insurance it is worth checking out John Lewis. I know it may sound odd to go to a High Street retailer but their rates are very competitive and I can only say that the claims service, in my experience when my dog damaged an eye in gorse, is troublefree without any attempt by them to wriggle.

+1 for John Lewis my dogs are with them, hassle free claims as my bitch has had more paid out on her than the cost of the premium for her & the dog combined
Wingy

Hi All!
These are the nwest ones on the German market:
Tracker G400iâ„¢

Also I use the Garmin Astro DC 40, a lot of doggers here change to this system...

I believe the Niggeloh Schweisshalsung (Niggeloh Schweißhalsung) as to be the best.
This one, connected to a cheap leash (8-12 meters), easy drying material, is all you need....!
The collar always stays to the leash, so when released from the leash, the dog carries a flexible warning collar..

if help needed, just send a pm ....

Contact Rudi, Wolverine or Widu on here. They all know what GPS system is best. I was talking about the latest GPS collar just yesterday with George. If you want a look yourself the Garmin Astro is the one I will be buying with the new DC50 collar.

Hi Jamross65, did you purchase the Garmin DC50 after? if so did you find any problems/issues with it? I am also thinking of getting one with a 320Astro Nordic

Back