Free: 2 x Jill ferrets need a good home

Overlay

Hi Guys

Friend of mine has given up ferreting due to a clapped out knee

I’ve got his two Jill ferrets in with mine now, they are all good and need a good home, they’ve had a couple of working outings this year

I’m happy to throw in a few nets of mine, a decent carrying box and some dried food if you’re just starting out

I’ll drop them off to you anywhere in Kent

no money wanted just a good working home

cheers

phil

Sorry to hear another one bites the dust, bit to far away or would have helped, now on my last jill.
Ferreting in the family blood as we have worked jills for the past 4 generations but unable to dig etc like I used to so not getting out.
When the old girl goes, I will also be packing it in most likely, as young folk do not seem to be as interested as we were.
Good luck with rehoming, as it's hard to pack in something entrenched within your sole.

I’d have had them if you were nearer. I’ll have to wait until summer now. They shouldn’t be around long

Lovely offer, I'm sure they'll do somebody proud.

I've been after ferrets for a couple of years, but the saddest fact is there really aren't many rabbits to speak of in my neck of the woods these days.

Lovely offer, I'm sure they'll do somebody proud.

I've been after ferrets for a couple of years, but the saddest fact is there really aren't many rabbits to speak of in my neck of the woods these days.

same all round, in some areas they have all but disappeared, I’ve got some permissions that are in good fettle for numbers
i don’t go overboard on numbers, nice to have a good number to ferret

wow seems to be ferreting is not as popular as it was this is how i got in to hunting started ferreting with my grandad when i was 5 very fond and happy memories and got in to shooting with my other grandad but an amazing offer

wow seems to be ferreting is not as popular as it was this is how i got in to hunting started ferreting with my grandad when i was 5 very fond and happy memories and got in to shooting with my other grandad but an amazing offer
Round here it’s because there just aren’t the rabbit numbers there once were.
Growing up a Mate his Father and I could clear £50 to £100 each a weekend. Rabbits paid 33p/lb in one butchers and £1 each in the other. Sadly the price hasn’t changed much in 35 or more years either. So lack of rabbits and lack of value makes it a dwindling occupation. Sad really as it is a good introduction to field sports and putting food on the table.

The rabbit numbers are shocking round Lancashire area having gone from having loads to hardly nothing some farms I shoot I've seen rabbits disappear totally wiped out not from me shooting but from mixey and then others not sure one farm I have we've just left them alone.like u say it's a brilliant way to introduce younger generation in to field sports

The rabbit numbers are shocking round Lancashire area having gone from having loads to hardly nothing some farms I shoot I've seen rabbits disappear totally wiped out not from me shooting but from mixey and then others not sure one farm I have we've just left them alone.like u say it's a brilliant way to introduce younger generation in to field sports
I don’t think it’s Mixy unless you’re seeing them around with the symptoms. I think it’s RVHD as that kills them and they tend to stay underground so no corpses etc on the surface.

You might be right there as not seen any and the ones that are running around are just being left alone but speaking to a few friends there the same no rabbits about at all

You might be right there as not seen any and the ones that are running around are just being left alone but speaking to a few friends there the same no rabbits about at all
I’m not saying they don’t get Mixy, but it doesn’t seem to affect them like it did. When I was a kid you’d see lots blind with all the hallmark swelling etc. Literally starving to death because they couldn’t eat. We knocked a lot on the back of the head. More recently they were seen with symptoms but much milder. I have shot plenty with scaring suggesting they had had it and recovered.
Then in the last eight to ten years I have seen the rabbit population just crash almost overnight. I believe it fits RVHD rather than Mixy, either way not a nice way to go.
They might be a pest but they still deserve some respect

Go back 100 years and rabbits was a stable part off the food chain and still was when I was young growing up but past 10 years rabbits have become very few and far between eg where I work there is a roundabout and everyday would see 30 + rabbits everyday and now don't see 1 mmmm roundabout no mixy can get on there yet nobody has shot them nobody has been on with ferrets but yet they have disappeared ...rabbits do deserve some respect as still part off the food chain as my daughter has asked daddy when we having rabbit burgers again

Back