2015 plans for the year ahead

bigscott270

Well its a new year with new ambitions. What's everyone's plans for the year ahead on the shooting scene
Mines is to get a few more of the UK species under my belt and possibly some smelly Billies. Would like to go for wild boar but we do them in my work so I can cross them off in a way
What's other people on the forum got in mind

Regards scott

CRUMPY

I'm off to South Africa 27th Feb for 10 days shooting with some buddies, few days driven pheasant before end of season, stalking when I can fit that in and plenty of range time trying to sharpen up what little skill I have with the rifle!!
Crumpy

i myself will be chuffed to bits even if i accomplish one or two things out of the bloody hundreds i want to do,oh and another rifle! ssshhhh! dont tell the misses,cheers bigman atb doug,

Wildboar1973

I hope the missus doesnt read this and all my "true friends" on here wont tell her...:scared:

Off to my first trip ever to the Scottish Highlands tomorrow morning, what a start...
February some friends of here over for some highseating for deer, boar and hopefully mufflon.
Then meeting a couple of friends and SD members on the game fair in Dortmund.
Then another trip to the UK for munty, maybe my first UK fallow (last deer species missing on my list), and hopefully a chink.
Really keen to return in May to Wayne D. for some funtastic roebuck stalking...?
Early August some friends over to my place for a week on deer and boar.
Late August or September an outdoor adventure to Norway for a Reindeer.
...and October another apoinment with some UK red stag and some Irish Sika...
Just before our driven hunt season starts with another bunch of friends swapping around...:cuckoo:

Last edited:

jimbo1984

Very much hoping to go part time at work this year so I can spend more time stalking and fishing and doing a it of terrierwork

Bandit

Mmmm my plans.
1. The possibility of a trip to SA in June .nearly sorted.
2. That means a bigger calibre (variation sorted thank you A&S)
3. A cwd in nov or dec

6pointer

Account Suspended
I want to enjoy my stalking more this season I will be trying to stay away from the politics and spend more time knocking a few roe over.

shaun22/250

My new years resolution for 2015 is to make more of an effort to get out with my guns and enjoy more field sports. 2014 was a slow year for one reason or another with only 2 stalking outings and not a lot of lamping. Now to go round all my permissions and renew for this year and drop some bottles off. Happy New Year all, stay safe.

Taff

You're certainly kicking off the year with some style and no-holds-barred honesty!

Much respect Mr. Taff!

K
I often get told you can,t say this or that at work and then they all try and say the same thing with twice as many words.
The bow comment is because I will be leaving to live in NZ on March the first, I shall most probably go broke and end up back here pretending to be a immigrant, or live in America as a wet back.

I often get told you can,t say this or that at work and then they all try and say the same thing with twice as many words.
The bow comment is because I will be leaving to live in NZ on March the first, I shall most probably go broke and end up back here pretending to be a immigrant, or live in America as a wet back.
My respect hath no bounds.

According to my Sister-in-law, who managed hotels there back in the late 80's and 90's, I should have done just that 30 years ago.

Good luck.

K