.204 39g Sierra blitz king

Crow Man

Hi, has anyone experienced any problems with the above? I was out today zeroing my rifle, a couple of rounds were noticeably louder with no bullet strike on target. All the other rounds were 1/2 to 3/4 MOA. It’s as though the bullet has broken up in flight.
The load I am using is 25g of reloader 10x CCI BR4 primer, Hornady FL resized brass trimmed to 1.840 coal 2.260.

Sonicdmb73

Hi, has anyone experienced any problems with the above? I was out today zeroing my rifle, a couple of rounds were noticeably louder with no bullet strike on target. All the other rounds were 1/2 to 3/4 MOA. It’s as though the bullet has broken up in flight.
The load I am using is 25g of reloader 10x CCI BR4 primer, Hornady FL resized brass trimmed to 1.840 coal 2.260.
Not 39’s but I have had 32gn bullets break up in flight. However there was no difference in the report from my rifle (a 20 Tac with 1in9” twist). I think it was the speed and twist rate that broke them up.
The only thing I noticed was the bullet didn’t reach the target.

Crow Man

Not 39’s but I have had 32gn bullets break up in flight. However there was no difference in the report from my rifle (a 20 Tac with 1in9” twist). I think it was the speed and twist rate that broke them up.
The only thing I noticed was the bullet didn’t reach the target.
I have had no problems with the 32g vmax at all just with the SBK’s
Not much confidence in taking them out for the foxes🙄
When they do reach the target they are very accurate but two out of twenty isn’t very good.

the prowler

Have you tried to chronograph your hand loads. Should be under 4000fps with a 39biltzking. Would say 3800fps should be ok. Are you using a sound moderator? No obstructions in front of target area? Even think grass etc

Crow Man

Have you tried to chronograph your hand loads. Should be under 4000fps with a 39biltzking. Would say 3800fps should be ok. Are you using a sound moderator? No obstructions in front of target area? Even think grass etc
Hi, no I don’t have a chronograph, according to the load data they should be running right around 3700. Yes I am using a Hardy gen 4 caliber specific mod and it has been fine on the rifle shooting 32g and 40g vmax without any problem. No obstruction in target area. When the bullets do reach the target they are fine, shooting 1/2 to 3/4 moa.

the prowler

Hi, no I don’t have a chronograph, according to the load data they should be running right around 3700. Yes I am using a Hardy gen 4 caliber specific mod and it has been fine on the rifle shooting 32g and 40g vmax without any problem. No obstruction in target area. When the bullets do reach the target they are fine, shooting 1/2 to 3/4 moa.
I'd just stick to 40grain vmax after you have used up the 39blitzkings. You can always just fire them off at crows etc.

Crow Man

👍 the 40g aren’t as accurate as the 39g. Think I will stick to the 32’s then get another box in a few months, if you can get hold of them.

Sandyb

👍 the 40g aren’t as accurate as the 39g. Think I will stick to the 32’s then get another box in a few months, if you can get hold of them.
Countryman are showing them in stock...https://www.thecountryman.com/nosler-32gr-ballistic-tip-20-cal-250

I bought 6 boxes a couple of years back, they were £64.99 then, so only gone up £2 in 2 years...

dazb1967

I went away from the 39's and started using the 32's as I was missing the odd easy fox, I couldn't determine why it was happening but after reading comments lately maybe I had one of the bad batches

Edinburgh Rifles

blow up
What twist barrel and MV are you getting?

try solids...

204-vlr4.jpg

dazb1967

dazb1967

Last edited:

dazb1967

Here's the link that Cyres put on a while back, the link above the last one seems to be mixed 204 and 22 bullets

Neddle

Never had a problem with 39 Bltzkings or any other 204 ammo for that matter
I agree 2 x 204s here both shot 39gr no bother, I wouldn't use any manufacturers load data, not very accurate unless you use a rifle with same batrel length eyc as they do