.22 RF sound moderator

BRACES of Bristol - Dark Fox Package, Mauser M12, LIEMKE Thermal Scope, Wildcat Mod

Highlander

For various reasons now need a new .22RF moderator. Any suggestions?
Currently considering SAK, ASE rimfire, A-TEC rimfire, or Wildcat Whisper.

Richard Parsons

IMO Parker Hale are a pig to clean and become wobbly on the threads after a year. Just got a Sak , seems good and silent and can be cleaned easily. Also lighter.

ATB

Thar

I have a SAK also but if I was going to change I would go for a A-Tec.

Best rgds

Tahr

Baldrick

SAK x3 here, all performing well for £35 each. If I was buying again, I'd also buy A-Tec, but I'd look at Brugger & Thomet too.

devilishdave

1shot1kill said:
you cant beat the good old parker and hale

You can beat the PH with a SAK. I had a PH and a SAK for my two RF rifles and the SAK was the better of the two although the PH wasn't bad.

Dave

bobt

Richard Parsons said:
IMO Parker Hale are a pig to clean and become wobbly on the threads after a year. Just got a Sak , seems good and silent and can be cleaned easily. Also lighter.

ATB

My parker hale is about 18 yrs old now, no wobble yet when should I start to see it? ;)

It cleans with a spray of WD40, and an annual strip down.

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
I always have and still do use a PH moderator, not because of exhaustive field tests etc, but because it's all there was at the time.

It has always worked for me, does not wobble, and gets the job done. I suppose if I had to replace it I would try something else, however it does the job it ain't broke so I'm not going to fix it.

As for which is best, one compared to the other, I have no clue. :D

John

Robin

I'm with Jaybe,have had my PH approx 30 yrs. still good as gold, mind you I only shoot 200-300 rabbits a year, and the odd few hundred squirrels.The one thing I did notice was that as soon as I got this rifle out to use, my dog did everything she could to not come, had to stop taking her with me if I was going out with the 22. The 308 unsilenced never bothered her or any of the shotguns, I wonder if the air pressure caused the problem?

PSE Composites Limited