22 rimfire advice please

grahamch

Am starting to look for a 22 rim fire bolt action/straight pull for a left hander to be used on an indoor range initially then of rabbits etc.

Am looking for a quality product and have a budget of £600.

Any recommendations welcome. TIA

bicykillgaz

Echoing what others have said you'll not go wrong with a cz. I've got an old Swarovski 4x32 and wildcat Whisper mod on mine and can't fault it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210502_120438.jpg
    IMG_20210502_120438.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20210502_115722~2.jpg
    IMG_20210502_115722~2.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 38

regi

what about a T-Bolt?
Just checked the Browning website and it is available in left hand.
(But...being a straight pull, a left handed person could do fine with a right handed straight pull)
We do know that the T-Bolt is " a bit" more expensive than a CZ.
Being the proud owner of a 50 year old T-Bolt and a customised CZ452, I know that the T-Bolt can handle bench work at the range at 100m holding 1MOA. Not the CZ.

Cyres

Annie XIV carbine, they do a LH and you shoud get a S/H one for your budget. Best rimmy made. I have a RH son has LH. Thumb hole walnut is the one to get.

D

Zetter

Just to chip in on the T bolt after having had one in .17 HMR see if you like the trigger as they are heavy and a bit of a pain to do anything with its either a DIY job or a drop in kit that is expensive. With the CZ there are numerous ways to upgrade the trigger for not a lot of Money.
If I was going .22 bolt action again I would be going CZ or an Annie. I loved the T bolt action but hated the trigger.

25 Sharps

what about a T-Bolt?
Just checked the Browning website and it is available in left hand.
(But...being a straight pull, a left handed person could do fine with a right handed straight pull)
We do know that the T-Bolt is " a bit" more expensive than a CZ.
Being the proud owner of a 50 year old T-Bolt and a customised CZ452, I know that the T-Bolt can handle bench work at the range at 100m holding 1MOA. Not the CZ.

handled a modern t-bolt, very plastic fantastic, felt like toy - I wonder if a modern one would be as accurate as your vintage one...

@TriggerPull what does your cz do at 100?