.222 munty buck

jimbo1984

After careful consideration I decided to keep my sako vixen in .222 and make more of an effort to use it as it really is a lovely rifle and a pleasure to carry and use , just such a shame I can't use it for roe in England , anyway decided to go for a little wander around one of my bits of ground , saw plenty of roe ... typical , then this chap decided to pop out of the wood , straight up on the sticks and a well placed neck shot dropped him , so glad I decided to keep the rifle now as I'd forgot what a pleasure it is to use IMG_0244.jpg

Cootmeurer

Thanks for sharing. Love to see the .222 somewhat resurrected.

I had a Remington in .222 that was my first centerfire but I abused it. Being a young dumb kid I kept loading to hotter and faster velocities even with (in hindsight) tell tale signs. Eventually wrecked the bolt face and extractor - but I could vaporize a prairie dog at 300 yards.

jimbo1984

Thanks for sharing. Love to see the .222 somewhat resurrected.

I had a Remington in .222 that was my first centerfire but I abused it. Being a young dumb kid I kept loading to hotter and faster velocities even with (in hindsight) tell tale signs. Eventually wrecked the bolt face and extractor - but I could vaporize a prairie dog at 300 yards.
I'm kicking myself for even thinking of selling it now , just such a shame I can't use it for roe in England just mutjac and Cwd , but it's so light and fun to use im
going to put the effort in to use it more often

EMcC

I still have my Remington .222 and won't part with it now, I did think about getting rid at one point but now it has a new Bolt and Barrel I don't see any point in parting with it now.
I think my bolt failed proof because I was using the Lee Loader and not too careful about the powder level in the scoop or sometimes not even the correct powder for the measure :(
I have been more careful since but now find that PPU ammo is as good as it gets so no longer any need to reload :)

rms364

Snap! I had this munty doe with my Sako .222 also neck shot. Great calibre.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karlbird

Recently bought a 222 as I thought one was missing in my life. Haven’t taken it out the cabinet yet though as a) always a chance of a roe/red and b) I bought a T3 so same actionsuze as my 243 and save no weight. Wish i’d bought an old school Sako short action instead.