223 Moderator threads.

Kalahari

I have a new CZ varmint in 223 coming at some point, the sooner the better for me, does anybody know what thread they are supplied with as I need to source a mod for it. I was told it would probably be 1/2" unf. Any confirmation/information would be helpful. Or should I just wait and check.

Many thanks,

David.

jimsim

I'm not sure pal but I have a mod for sale 223 cal specific 14x1 thread , about 60 rounds through it top it's a swift nightingale

Robb

I stand to be corrected but i was told a couple of years ago that Riflecraft used to cut all the barrel threads for CZ Rifles in this country and i believe they were indeed 1/2" unf, whether they still do i dont know but all my CZ's and the ones i have looked at that had a barrel thread were 1/2" unf.

Kalahari

Richard, had two different replies from Edgars, 1/2 & 5/8 both UNF, So I think I will wait and see. Thanks Jim but doesn't sound too lucky at the moment. Robb I might ask riflecraft if I feel cheeky enough.

Many thanks,

David.

wanderer

If you have a choice, go for as large a thread diameter as the barrel will take for extra strength.
(Particularly if by chance you put on an end mounted can)