.223 second hand (hard to come by)

jazmin

Ditched the idea of a nef .223 I looked at awhile ago,but trying to find a .223 on a budget for foxing is driving me nuts:cry: plenty .222 and 243 cheap maybe ive picked the wrong calibre to put on my ticket.Are they really that hard to come by.Checked gun watch/gunstar etc and no joy.

blaven

Highland Ordnance Company, Dunvegan, Skye has a lovely little .223 Czech Rifle,- a copy of a Mauser action. Only fired a few rounds, and very reasonable.
Google them

perdix

If you don't mind me asking,what sort of budget are you looking at?
Only asking because of circumstances at the moment I am spending a lot of time searching t'internet instead of doing anything constructive and I may drop on something suitable

srvet

Worth having a ring round the local dealers as they aren't all on the web. There is a little fishing shop in Grange over Sands that has some guns at a decent price but I don't know if he has a 223. Yes I thought for the money the Ruger looked good too. I must admit I quite like the Rugers but they are a bit like marmite! I would be tempted by the CZ if it shoots 1/2 inch groups
could also try
http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.co...salelot=S031013+3685+&refno=+++71571&saletype=

but be careful of how much commission you pay

Last edited:

Sinistral

There are 264 on guntrader.

Amen.

This is like saying you can't find a secondhand Ford Focus. There is every conceivable action and class of rifle in .223 about ..... even a few in lefthand drive for the moaners. :lol:

You aren't trying .... or maybe sniffing around SD for a bargain perhaps. ;)