.25-06 Accubond Powder or Load Suggestions - REACH compliant

Oh6

So I need to work up a new .25-06 Accubond load :(

Any suggestions as to powders or loads that have worked well for anyone else?

I have a tub of Reloader 19, but interested to know what else might be worth trying.

deeangeo

Currently using IMR4831 which I understand is at present REACH compliant, but I’m just developing a load using Viht.N560.

sauer

Always used N160 with wide variety of bullets in .25-06 and always managed to find a recipe that works ... a good and readily available powder

Paul

Laurie

Currently using IMR4831 which I understand is at present REACH compliant, but I’m just developing a load using Viht.N560.

IMR-4831 is non compliant. There is a new 'Enduron' Reach-compliant equivalent grade coming, IMR-4955, but I've not heard of its arrival yet.

Laurie

Always used N160 with wide variety of bullets in .25-06 and always managed to find a recipe that works ... a good and readily available powder

Paul

Yes, N160 is likely the best alternative to IMR-4831 around right now.

deeangeo

IMR-4831 is non compliant. There is a new 'Enduron' Reach-compliant equivalent grade coming, IMR-4955, but I've not heard of its arrival yet.

I’ll see what the N560 I have does Laurie, but yes, N160 is probably the closest burn rate to IMR4831.
I used N160 very successfully in my .243, and no reason to presume it wouldn’t be just fine in .25-06.

JockStalk

I went a bit slower burn rate with firstly N165 and now RL22 close to max loads which was more accurate for me. 100gr HotCor bullets clocked at 3,400 and accurate in my rifle.

Flash9919

I've got N160, RL19 and RL22...for what it's worth I'd stick with the 19. Work up in .5 increments carefully, but it tends to perform well at near or above maximum published loads.