.25-06 factory ammo

jase kaye

Why is this like unicorn horn? I've recently bought a Sako 85 in .25-06 from a good member on this forum and have been trying to source some different brands of ammo for it, at the moment the only one I can find is Privi 100grn sp, this in the rifle shots ok but nothing spectacular maybe 1.5-2" max groups, whilst this isn't brilliant it's not ideal ,so I would like to try something slightly heavier, but like I've said it seems nowhere within 20 miles of me stock anything in .25-06 and they seem pretty reluctant to order any in, I'm just wondering if anyone else who shoots this cal have trouble finding factory ammo?
Atb Jase.

Have you tried Swillington Shooting Supplies? They are usually pretty good with Ammo.

Yorkie.

Have you tried Swillington Shooting Supplies? They are usually pretty good with Ammo.

Yorkie.

I have mate, nothing and they don't know when they'll be getting any in :?:
I have also tried
Browns Lock stock and barrel.
York guns.
Shooters World Mexbrough.
South Yorks shooting supplies.
Hardy's Sheffield.
Kirklees Guns.
The only place that has anything is Henry Kranks in Pudsey and that is the 100 grn Privi.
I can see me swapping for a .270 :lol:.

Hi jase
I am shocked! They usually have a good selection of ammo. I have had 117 grain sako from there and put lads from this forum onto them.

What about Hannams for some Hornady?

Yorkie.

Hi jase
I am shocked! They usually have a good selection of ammo. I have had 117 grain sako from there and put lads from this forum onto them.

What about Hannams for some Hornady?

Yorkie.
Me too Yorkie, they've always had what I've needed before, I'm just struggling with .25-06, who are Hannams mate? as I've never heard of them.
Jase.

You could always try going about your search the other way round and ring the importers (The Sako 117 grain are well worth a try) and ask them who your local stockists are.

Try Aaron Wheeler Brighouse he has some 117 gr hornady showing as in stock on his web site
gd

Cheers lads, should be able to get sorted, never knew about Aaron Wheeler and totally forgot about Paul Lane.

Sorry Jase, I wonder why he doesn't sell loaded rounds? Probably too many permutations.

Get into the reloading. Don't do it because it will save you money, it won't unless you shoot hundreds of rounds a year, do it because it's a fascinating hobby, makes you learn about your rifle and ballistics and get's you into the man cave on a regular basis. It's not as difficult as it sounds, you just need to be focused and careful.

Nigel

I have just bought a Sako Finnlight and have been told Horna 117Gr is great on Roe I hope I can buy that or at least order from my local Gun shop.

Had .25 cal now for 8 or 9 years & was always a hassle getting factory
Federal premium classic works well but at £45 for 20 bollox to that .
I get bout 1"- 1 1/2". With privi 100grn more than for deer.
Home loading far better and had excellent results with nosler partion
& Speer 100grns
Also Sierra matchkings for plinking were seriously good grouping if I could do them justice behind the trigger
Paul

Been reloading now for 25.06 for 13 years. Only way to go in my book. Develop the optimum load for the rifle and repeat the recipe as and when needed. I tend to load 20 or 30 at a time, no hassle, relaxing , fun even.

Back