.270 Factory Ammo

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

TOMMY270

Good Morning 'Fellow Stalkers'

i have just got myself a 270, i will load it myself eventually,can any recommend a factory ammo that they have had good expericences with? incidentally its going through a sako 75.

kind regards
Tom

Grand Slam

I have been quite lucky with my .270

I got a browning a-bolt and started.with a box of 150gn norma with good results followed by Winchester 150gn (no difference) federal 150gn (no difference)

Not sure how others have done but every factory round I have put.through it has grouped well

wallace grant

Norma 130 Grain through my Blaser, very accurate, not cheap but excellent for stopping power on Big reds/sika down to roe. Ive only used them in my .270 and 1/2 groups good enough for me.

ATB wallace

User00004

Distinguished Member
Federal Powershok, shot well out of every rifle I have owned.

Currently throwing 130gr's out of a 85 Finnlight. Stopping power fantastic.

TJ

Mountainstalker

Tommy, only your rifle can tell you what it likes. Start with 130s as all purpose load. Buy a few different brands and point your rifle down range at some paper. When you find a load that shoots well by another 4 or 5 boxes of it so you will have at least 100 cases of the same make ready for your venture into handloading.

Gaz

My A Bolt shoots all the 130 g factory loads I've used to a satisfactory POI with Norma SP being my first choice. Unable to use Federal 150 g as my rifle just hates them. As has been mentioned each rifle is different so its a case of trial and error until you find what it likes.

270Buck

Federal Powershok, shot well out of every rifle I have owned.

Currently throwing 130gr's out of a 85 Finnlight. Stopping power fantastic.

TJ

I couldn't agree more, I have tried other brands but the 130 grain Power Shok is my number 1 choice.

mudlark

My Browning A bolt isn't fussy it'll shoot well with anything, but I like pmc through it but I'd use anything if I couldn't get those

CWMMAN3738

I use federal fashion & power shock excellent for everything but if your after something with knockdown power try SAKO hammerheads great for boar.

Ranger22

The best I used out of my 270 was Federal 130gr Barnes triple-shock X- bullet, a dear round but what cost do you put on accuracy and knock down. Others I've used are Hornady 130gr GMX, Norma Nosler 140gr BST and the Norma 110gr Barnes TTSX. All group really well out of several 270's I've used

Al

Leica Amplus 6