.270 moderator

Hi all,

Was hoping for some advice. I'm after a mod for my .270 and wanted peoples past experiences and if possible any data for the mods ie db reduction. I have reflex T8's on my .22/250 and .243 and the T4 on my hornet but as this rifle is a mannlicher schonaeur m72 it is quite a thin, slender rifle so I think a big chunky T8 would look a bit daft.

Anybody help :)?

Cheers

Matt

Gaz

Don,t moderate it, learn to appreciate, the roar of a 270 :D
Oooow yes what a great sound it is too. What I would say Matt is be careful you don't unbalance the rifle. I put a T4 on one of my rifles and it is now a pain to carry around wanting to tip backwards from my shoulder. Gaz

Last edited:

norma 308

Defo DON'T mod her I don't my L61R sako And my hearings fine PARDON ! some rifles esp classic 270 s weren't meant to be modded !
norma

Eric the Red

If you need to moderate, the ATEC Maxim works very nicely on my 270 - good moderation without excess weight, so still balances nicely and not huge to look odd

Last edited:

Danny rem mag

Hi Matt, send it off to Dave at Valkerie rifles with £195, and it will come back with a lovely muzzle brake attached, properly timed in (90 degrees to upright) I had one fitted to my 7 RM and it's fantastic, half the recoil of when it had a sonic mod on, and a lot shorter and lighter. DO NOT forget to wear earplugs! Still sounds great and doesn't seem to spook deer anymore than a modded gun.

Woodsmoke

I have the ASE Utra on my .270 & it tames it pretty well. I'm seriously considering leaving it off though, as I really don't like how it looks on the rifle. And in any case, I rarely fire many shots when I'm stalking so a loud bang every once in a blue moon won't be the end of the world (except for what it's pointed at, of course :D )

Wills

I have am aimsport on my sauer 270. It's quite good and light. The t8 I had was good but is heavier and can upset the balance of some rifles. It was ok on a blaser.

Thanks everyone, im still not decided 100% on whether to fit a mod or not. Probably will though, a muzzle break isnt a bad idea to reduce recoil so that could be worth consideration! The one im mainly looking at is the T12 PES, it should help balance as it will come back a good way over the barrel and it also only has a 38mm diameter so wont look to bulky. Struggling to find any proper data for them though.

Anybody got any pics of their setups?

norma 308

To be honest when I'm stalking and I've a deer in my scope and I fire I don't notice any recoil at all as for the bang that neither !
When I'm zeroing well that's different
norma

Taff

I have to agree with Norma 308, I never remember the recoil, I shoot mine free hand , off trees, off sticks, and the only thing I remember is where the deer falls, one thing I really love is knowing that the FC keeper ( who obviously is one of my greatest fans ) will hear the roar, and be happy for me.

bewsher500

just had one of these made for my 300WM

8mm bore, 3x 3mm - 45 deg rearward vents, blued steel, 20mm (OD) x 70mm

I don't mind the mod for range work but its a PITA on the hill
too long for the slip, noisier against the heather etc etc
it is a PES T12 and I like them. they are heavier than most but then if you want to tame recoil not just noise gas redirection or weight are your only options

the brake however serves all the purposes of noise deflection and recoil control