375 Holland and Holland

Heym SR20

I don't reload the 375, but I do find that a crimp makes an improvement in accuracy. Also with a heavy recoiling calibre you probably need a crimp to stop bullets moving in their cases when in the magazine.

Hanechdene

I roll crimp the hornady DGS and DGX to the cranulure but I am going to use some Sierra 250 gamekings but these have no cranulure

Southern

I use the Lee FCD on the .375 H&H, not just for accuracy, but for safety. The bullets are heavy and the recoil is stout. You don't want the recoil loosening a bullet, backing it out and messing up feeding a much-needed second or third shot on dangerous game.

375 mag

I loaded my magazine to full capacity then fired ten single shots loaded each one individually then removed the un fired rounds from the magazine and measured them , there for was no difference in the length of the bullet from when i made them.

Muir

I loaded my magazine to full capacity then fired ten single shots loaded each one individually then removed the un fired rounds from the magazine and measured them , there for was no difference in the length of the bullet from when i made them.
That's good! But it's not a reason to skip crimping.;) Like many, I use a Lee Factory Crimp Die for everything. If they don't make it for the cartridge I am shooting I have it custom made.~Muir

deeangeo

That's good! But it's not a reason to skip crimping.;) Like many, I use a Lee Factory Crimp Die for everything. If they don't make it for the cartridge I am shooting I have it custom made.~Muir
+ 1 No reason not to crimp & probable benefit if you do.

stecad

78grn N160 behind 200grn Sierra Prohunters. Lee collect crimp to finish off the round.
Keeps it all nice and sweet.

Woodsmoke

I don't crimp my reloads for the .270 either. No particular reason, I just didn't do it. Wonder if it would make much of a difference for future loads? I might crimp a few of the ones I already have and do a comparison though. They're loaded way below maximum anyway, so it shouldn't cause a problem with pressures :-|

Muir

I don't crimp my reloads for the .270 either. No particular reason, I just didn't do it. Wonder if it would make much of a difference for future loads? I might crimp a few of the ones I already have and do a comparison though. They're loaded way below maximum anyway, so it shouldn't cause a problem with pressures :-|
Pressure from a reasonable crimp is not significant. If you don't need to crimp, you needn't bother but if you do, use the Lee Factory Crimp Die. It is the ONLY one that is worth using. Make sure you have cases that are within a few thou in length of each other. I have never seen accuracy hindered by a crimp but I have seen standard deviation and extreme spread cut by 30%.~Muir

Woodsmoke

never seen accuracy hindered by a crimp but I have seen standard deviation and extreme spread cut by 30%.~Muir
That's just about enough to convince me, despite my question on Shootist's thread about his need for improved accuracy on short-range deer shots. In fact, I think this answers that very question for me. If I can potentially improve my reloads with such a simple additional step it would be obtuse not to at least try it, especially as I'm quite anal about case preparation. Thanks Muir, appreciate your advice :thumb:

Muir

That's just about enough to convince me, despite my question on Shootist's thread about his need for improved accuracy on short-range deer shots. In fact, I think this answers that very question for me. If I can potentially improve my reloads with such a simple additional step it would be obtuse not to at least try it, especially as I'm quite anal about case preparation. Thanks Muir, appreciate your advice :thumb:
Good luck. MTLEADFARMER and I were discussing crimping tonight. We both swear by it. One caveat: Crimping will not make a load incompatible with your rifle suddenly shoot, but if you are in the final stages of 'tweaking' on an already good load it probably won't hurt. ~Muir