5:2 Diet - "What the hell am I thinking?"

Absolutely Yes but also needs calories to make muscle. Which is why managed reduction important.
This could be calorie counting which worked for you or stopping eating when you start to feel full,
We are n the same page just have different ways of getting there which for the Op is good.

Stop eating when you feel full doesnt work for me because I can nail 2 14inch pizzas in one sitting, haha.

Counting calories is the only way for me.

Stop esting when you feel full doesnt work for me because I can nail 2 14inch pizzas in one sitting, haha.

Counting calories is the only way for me.
Yep still get popadomia (order everything on the menu) at times.
Calorie counting for me was too difficult and I felt hungry all the time so didn’t work.

As you say if you find a method that works go for it. If it doesn’t then don’t get too upset and try another way. It’s about changing lifestyle more than the diet that way it’s long lasting weight loss.

Yep still get popadomia (order everything on the menu) at times.
Calorie counting for me was too difficult and I felt hungry all the time so didn’t work.

Caffeine helped me with hunger, no good for some people though. My GF is very sensitive to it and cant have it.

As you say if you find a method that works go for it. If it doesn’t then don’t get too upset and try another way. It’s about changing lifestyle more than the diet that way it’s long lasting weight loss.

Yeah, you have to form good habits and change your lifestyle.

When I've been asked by people I know, I always say start dieting for a few weeks first or go to the gym and dont diet for a few weeks. Just establish one behaviour first unless you get to get full on with things.

I cut back on things but never cut things out, if I had 200 cals left and I wanted a Mars bar or similar, I would.

You really have to be ready and really want to lose weight, it's not really something to do on a whim.

Caffeine helped me with hunger, no good for some people though. My GF is very sensitive to it and cant have it.

Yeah, you have to form good habits and change your lifestyle.

When I've been asked by people I know, I always say start dieting for a few weeks first or go to the gym and dont diet for a few weeks. Just establish one behaviour first unless you get to get full on with things.

I cut back on things but never cut things out, if I had 200 cals left and I wanted a Mars bar or similar, I would.

You really have to be ready and really want to lose weight, it's not really something to do on a whim.
100%.

Love your mars bar comment. Not feeling guilty about having a treat is paramount.

Like stopping smoking the time has to be right for you to loose weight.

I've been fasting for a while now, getting on 2years I think but I do the 16:8 instead of the 5:2 usually means I eat between 1030 - 1830. I'm not overweight but started to support my wife doing it & just kinda stayed with it, I like it now.

And of course, don't let anyone kid you about the "I'm just heavy boned" excuses...
Back in the day, if you were overweight (let's not kid ourselves), fat, you were sent home to lose weight before you could have your operation.

Fast forward to the...

Unknown.jpeg

...and hospitals are having to install bariatric beds and operating tables.

I don't know about Brave...

Unknown-1.jpeg

I've been fasting for a while now, getting on 2years I think but I do the 16:8 instead of the 5:2 usually means I eat between 1030 - 1830. I'm not overweight but started to support my wife doing it & just kinda stayed with it, I like it now.
I started on the 16:8 diet start of Jan, Ive now lost about 12lbs. I find it much easier than 5:2 Days as I can eat the same meal as the wife every day.

I started on the 16:8 diet start of Jan, Ive now lost about 12lbs. I find it much easier than 5:2 Days as I can eat the same meal as the wife every day.
Yeah honestly I find it really easy. But I've never been a breakfast person to be honest. Im not stupidly strict, if we are out later than my normal fast time I'll still have a beer etc but pretty rare to be honest.

The 8-hr diet that Finch mentioned definitely works. Eat as much protein as you like for 8 hours a day, and nothing else except low calorie drinks for the next 16 hours. Eating fish and apples, I can lose half a pound a day, if I stick to it. Lucky that I don't drink booze, I suppose. 10am to 6pm is easier than 8am to 4pm!

Intermittent fasting works in the sense that your eating window is limited.

Eating fish would make it difficult to go over your calories because of how lean it is, but you really can't eat as much protein as you like.

So far, I have lost 2 lbs and the will to live.
And thats actually just the food you haven't eaten not a weight loss :D . Cheery huh?

You need to decide to change your eating habits and beliefs about what you eat, how much and when. Otherwise it is just a battle against yourself that you will lose when you stop 'dieting'. Like everybody else

The reason I decided to do it was (and you may chuckle) I had a big 6ft mirror in the bathroom, perpendicular to the toilet.

I was in full flow, looked to my right and noticed I looked like a jacket potato on legs.

That was it, decided I had to shift it before I hit 35.

Now Im stuck in the middle when looking in the SD classifieds as all the clothing is either medium or XXL!! Haha.

Back