50 Cal

CDSG Shooting Sports

kevhumps

I've recently returned from a holiday in the States, spent some time in Calafornia, and a couple of nights in Vegas. I'd googled shooting ranges, and decided to vist Bullets and Burgers, a small range about a hour and twenty from the strip, over the state line in Arizona. The main attraction for me was the Barrett, but the lure of full auto machine guns, also had me excited. Had a great time, I couldn't stop grinning, only 3 shots with the 50, and 25 rounds on full auto on M16, M249 SAW, Uzi, and Mini Uzi, but a real buzz! You can chose from an endless range of weapons to shoot, just depends on your wallet. If you get out there I'd recommend a visit, not exactly cheap, but a one off! Oh, the burgers are first class too!
I also noticed empty shelves in the amo sections, of the two Bass Pro shops I visited!
Kev.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 461

AdrianC

I'm off to the States in October, what sort of prices are we talking about if you don't mind me asking?

PM if you would prefer...........

kevhumps

I'm off to the States in October, what sort of prices are we talking about if you don't mind me asking?

PM if you would prefer...........

If you look on the Bullets and Burgers website, they've got various packages. I payed $200+ tax $211(I think), obviously 50 cal rounds are expensive, and extra rounds are $20 a pop. But a lot of the machine guns are .223, so fairly cheap. I didn't even ask about the belt fed 50cal Browning machine gun! My only criticism of the place was, that it would have been nice to shoot the Barrett over a greater distance, say 4 or 500 yds.
Kev.

AdrianC

If you look on the Bullets and Burgers website, they've got various packages. I payed $200+ tax $211(I think), obviously 50 cal rounds are expensive, and extra rounds are $20 a pop. But a lot of the machine guns are .223, so fairly cheap. I didn't even ask about the belt fed 50cal Browning machine gun! My only criticism of the place was, that it would have been nice to shoot the Barrett over a greater distance, say 4 or 500 yds. Kev.

​Thanks Kev, I appreciate the info.

Bugsy

My mate and his wife went to the states on holiday a few years back to visit cousins, his wife could never understand his fascination shooting rifles so after a lot of persuasion to go to the local gun shop to try some pistols she said yes to keep him happy, the mate then told the dealer that she wasn't to keen on guns and was there to watch him have a go with different models,the salesman then persuaded his wife to have a go free of charge with a pistol and this she did at a paper target, they were still there an hour later his wife loved it (firing guns that is) it cost him a fortune , says she had a smile on all holiday and told everybody it was the best thing she had ever done

EMcC

Hey Kev, I hope you haven't sneaked one of them back to take to Croatia in November :D that would be cheating :eek:

Last edited:

paul o'

lol mine was so long at 13yrs i could sit on it, i used to tuck it in me shorts to play footy and a proper rod stew jobby mullet ,never seen a lucky fox tail unless it was flag on a GS180 :old:

Muir

So.... did you hit anything?

I had to go down to Texas to test some ammunition one year but when I arrived all the engineering staff members were delayed at a meeting. They handed me a Glock 18C machine pistol and a large box full of loaded 30 round magazines and pointed me to the back door that led to the range. I was ankle deep in 9mm brass very shortly.~Muir

kevhumps

So.... did you hit anything?

I had to go down to Texas to test some ammunition one year but when I arrived all the engineering staff members were delayed at a meeting. They handed me a Glock 18C machine pistol and a large box full of loaded 30 round magazines and pointed me to the back door that led to the range. I was ankle deep in 9mm brass very shortly.~Muir
Yea, only 2 rounds out of the target, but you've gotta wrestle em a bit on full auto, but great fun!
​Kev.

Leica Amplus 6