500 pigeons

Full choke

Heard from a máte that he knows a well known shot that he shot over 500 pigeons just on a flight line a couple of weeks ago myself I think it's bull crap

Miki

Yes but why would you want to

Keeps the farmers happy
Generates a great feeling of satisfaction (probably)
Impoves your aim (practice makes perfect)
Allows you to make an f'in big pigeon pie
Puts more money in the local RFD's pockets
Generates a nice pile of fox bait
Makes for a good story

Kjf

Yes,

me and my brother in law shot 236 pigeons over barley in 5 hours, approx5 years ago,

the only reason we stopped shooting was because we ran out of cartridges

KJF

Woodsmoke

I guess it's possible. Pretty sure I wouldn't want to do it though. I once shot 100 over the course of a day using a borrowed S/S. We were in t-shirts as it was an absolute scorcher of a day near Camberley, and by the last bird I was dreading pulling the trigger! Maybe with a S/A it would be far less onerous a chore, but once was enough for me :eek:

User00014

Heard from a máte that he knows a well known shot that he shot over 500 pigeons just on a flight line a couple of weeks ago myself I think it's bull crap

Its perfectly possible, get on the right line and big numbers are no problem.

Ive personally shot nearly 1000 birds in a week from the same hide over a field of cut beans and the birds took the same line without fail every day I was there.

Tim.243

It is not the amount of birds,it is being able to matain your shooting. Also not chipping them for picking up as that is where the wrangle of shooting then starts.

Thousands of doves are shot in one day on flight lines overseas by one shooter, however the pick up will be very poor.

Tim.243

rem284

Fully understand the reasons but I think I would have got bored. If I had a market for them then that would probably keep me going

User00014

Fully understand the reasons but I think I would have got bored. If I had a market for them then that would probably keep me going

pigeons when they are on, is poor mans grouse shooting, I used to live for it years ago that’s before deer and tracking took over my life!

basil

Distinguished Member
There was a 400+ pigeons shot in Chard. Somerset about 10 years ago so presumably possible.
I certainly couldn`t sit there that long!

Full choke

Myself I don't shoot pigeons during peak breeding season reason how many young die in the nest when both parents have been shot it's having respect for your quarry I know some will go at it all through the summer just to make money all they see over the decoys are money signs

Gunner223

Ive just got a new permission , and there's around 300 acres of maze growing, when they cut it im going to get for a personal best of 500 crows.
It is very possible,

norma 308

Two or three wks back on barley 725 for 998 shots lad in my area his own farm poss never repeat that again !