6.5 Creedmoor

lukea

Hi, I have recently put in a variation for a 6.5 Creedmoor, Not really sure if this was the right calibre To go for as I just really followed the 6.5 hype.
I will be taking roe/fallow. Want to spend £1000 on the rifle,any suggestions on what people are using? I was leaning towards Tikka/ Begara..
I have a Tikka 223 super varmint and can’t fault it, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

lukea

I have looked at the Begara B14 hunter and the tikka lite. Heard the stock is not so good on the Howa? The cost is vastly cheaper for the Howa but wasn’t sure of the build quality?? Was going with Wildcat eco mod to suit either, No gun shops in west wales to go and rake a look, hence the shout out on here!!

verminshooter29

I'm in exactly the same position..I have a stainless tikka t3x in 204... I want a 20" barrel and the lite stainless t3x is the only one available with 20" barrel..I liked the look of the roughtec but at 24" I feel it would be terribly long

Malxwal

I handled a new Roughtec today, pal bought it. Nice thing for a working rifle, and the fluted barrel minimises weight. A lightweight compact mod and it would be fine.

kennyc

I have looked at the Begara B14 hunter and the tikka lite. Heard the stock is not so good on the Howa? The cost is vastly cheaper for the Howa but wasn’t sure of the build quality?? Was going with Wildcat eco mod to suit either, No gun shops in west wales to go and rake a look, hence the shout out on here!!
build quality on Howas is very good, the Hogue basic stock can flex or need fettling, but thats why it is cheap, chose any of the other stocks on offer and pay the extra, and you will get a very good rifle. I still use the Hogue stock on my "drag around" rifle, can't say I have any problems with accuracy, my other 2 have bell and carson stocks that I bought used for not a great amount.

imwatchingyou

This is a good deal

dropmdead

This is at my local RFD

And I have a PSE composite stock s/h for a howa if you don't fancy the GRS.

Mungo

I use a T3x lite, and it is perfect.

I had a T3 years ago (in .243). I paid too much attention to nonsense here and elsewhere, so sold it. Spent about 8 years chopping and changing all manner of other makes, from Sako to Howa.

And am now back at the humble T3. Which I have no intention of ever changing again.

Ben rodge

You wont go wrong with either make to be honest
I have a bergara b14 hmr in 6.5 creed that im thinking of moving on ...happy to send pics if interested
Ben

Muir

Hi, I have recently put in a variation for a 6.5 Creedmoor, Not really sure if this was the right calibre To go for as I just really followed the 6.5 hype.
I will be taking roe/fallow. Want to spend £1000 on the rifle,any suggestions on what people are using? I was leaning towards Tikka/ Begara..
I have a Tikka 223 super varmint and can’t fault it, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I'm sorry. Why would you put in a 'variation' for a 6.5 Creedmoor if you aren't sure you want it?? I have a 5 of them and 3 are Tikkas. They shot spectacular groups right out of the box. You'll like it, trust me. :thumb:~Muir

gixer1

None of the mentioned rifles are bad choices so go and find somewhere you can handle the rifles and even shoot them if required and choose the one that floats your boat

enjoy the new rifle. 👍🏻

regards
Gixer

Muir

I should mention that the other bolt gun in my clatch of Creedmoors is a Ruger Predator in a MagPul stock. Like all of these series, very accurate and I think the whole package (less glass) was right at $700.~Muir
1606056540301.png

Layton

Recently did the same getting variation for 6.5 creedmore. I finally decided on tikka t3x and wildcat evo mod after spending too long trying to decide what rifle to get. Ive been very impressed with the accuracy of the rifle and I am really glad I went for the tikka. Ive had red, fallow and roe with it over the last couple of months and there seems to be a lot less meat damage than I experienced with my 243. Im probably going to sell my 243 and use the 6.5 for foxes aswell but need to try some varmint rounds. Good luck with your choice!