7 1/2

stalker.308

Cuople of years ago I was given some 36g, 34g and 32g 7.5's and they were superb on woodcock and particularly for snipe. Never found any since and have not been inclined to reload for shotguns, yet.

wheely

many years ago I was pretty hung up on the subject of chokes and shot sizes. I read lots of books with many different opinions. I read one report that 1 oz number 7 through cylinder would kill any game birds if placed on target up to 40 yards away. Going to number 6 and half choke would give the same shot density and penetration out to 43 yards. How often do we really need those extra 3 yards? For many years I used 7s for all my shooting including ducks and geese. This was in the days of lead shot for wildfowl. I think that sticking to the same cartridge for all shooting helped me improve my accuracy and I can confirm if you put them in the right place they will do the job. I had several right and lefts on Canadas with 7s by placing them on the head ( about the same size and speed as a partridge?). I still believe in small shot and open chokes but as I shoot less often my accuracy is not as good as it was!

ss03947

I used to use 7's all the time for decoying, swapped to 7-1/2's once because of a shortage of 7's & tbh couldn't see any difference.

Malxwal

24gr 7s (20 bore)on early season pheasants, no issues at all. 28gr 6 or 5 later in season, but only as the cartridge I prefer only comes in 5 or 6. But, have used 24gr and 28gr 71/2 on pigeons and worked fine.

Woodsmoke

I used to use 7 1/2 for all my shooting, but I suspected I was pricking a lot of birds at longer ranges. I moved on to 6's and haven't changed since

Hunt-Inter

I find a good 1oz 7 suitable for nearly all my game shooting. Mostly nowadays through an AYA #1 but soon also a F16 32" Blaser

Lever357

As a friend once said to me after he had just shot a fox stone dead at 30 yards with 7.5 shot on a pheasant shoot, if you are on target, you're on target and it will be dead, regardless of shot size.