74 Years old Olympian

Foxyboy43

Been a few posts recently about the toll old age is taking on some of the members, including me! So I thought the attached might inspire a few of us. Mike Bull (Double Commonwealth Gold Medallist and Olympic Finalist) was very much a “local hero” in the fullest sense of the word in NI and he and Mary Peters (Olympic Gold medallist) brought some rare glimmers of sunshine into what was then a very dark and troubled NI. Just great to see him tackling the polevault again. Hope for us all - even in old age! Bless.
🦊🦊
Pensioner Olympian still pole-vaulting at 74

BSAvale

Very impressive.

I’ve taken up village cricket again at 40 after a 10year break and I’m dismayed at how old I feel and how much of me aches from activities I would previously not have given a second thought. I’ve torn a glute muscle so am hobbling about with a leg turned black / blue / yellow from fielding…I’m falling apart at 40 so Mike is a lot tougher than I!

dartmoordog

What a top, top bloke, just goes to show what pure guts and determination can do. Massive respect.

I played my last game of rugby at 40, after 28 years in the Back Row. It took me a week to get over my last game, the head was willing, but the body, well that’s a different matter! It felt like I had been hit by a bus….Three times!

BSAvale

What a top, top bloke, just goes to show what pure guts and determination can do. Massive respect.

I played my last game of rugby at 40, after 28 years in the Back Row. It took me a week to get over my last game, the head was willing, but the body, well that’s a different matter! It felt like I had been hit by a bus….Three times!
I am definitely not getting back into that, I played at 7 for many years….cricket is rather sedate compared to rugby, especially in the back row!