A-Bolt II

cowsmart

I have an old A-Bolt in .270 and the trigger was like pulling a cow out of quicksand, a new 2lb spring from brownells was £38 (bollox to that lol) so I cut down a spring out of a ball point pen and fitted that. The trigger is now lighter (quite a lot) than before and bump testing says its safe, however still a bit of creep. What is the best method of cleaning the trigger mechanism? Heard things like zippo lighter fluid and brake cleaner. Regards Lee

Tulloch

If your gonna use lighter fluid or brake cleaner you are might as well using WD40 .

Problem with the pen spring is that the metal used is much softer and over time will struggle with retention. I am impressed that you managed to get it so light but with the creep you might find the trigger will be hard to judge the break point.

I gave a 2014 Abolt 2 and the trigger I managed to get to 3.5lbs but even then I find it heavy.

Let me know you get on mate

cowsmart

will do. I have ordered some better quality springs off line, still very cheap compared to the brownells ones, different wire gauge and different lenghths. I don't like wd40 as it leaves a residue that could gum up, hence the brake cleaner lighter fluid