Wanted: A day's walked-up, rough or walk-one/stand-one shooting for 5-6 guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pine Marten

Good morning everyone.

A good friend of mine who now lives in Canada and who I shot with for many years is being secretly sent back here for his birthday by his wife for a day's shooting with his friends (me and up to 4 others, but probably 3). His wife has asked me to try to make this happen. I thought I'd try my luck here. None of us are interested in large numbers, and we'd all rather walk than stand at pegs, but we're not dogmatic about this. We prefer a mixed day with the odd pigeon, rabbit, lost pheasant, a chance of a woodcock, maybe a duck splash. In terms of the specifics, this could happen anytime from November to Mid-December, we have no dogs, we're all fully insured, safe, experienced, given that the guy is travelling from Canada, it would be churlish of us not to travel a bit ourselves. Shetland is probably too far, but we potentially have "bases" in Bristol, Sheffield and London. One final point: the birthday boy (and I use that term very loosely) will require either a visitor's licence, or need to borrow a shotgun under exemption.

Beyond that, I'll consider pretty much anything...

Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back