A Final Farewell and a Welcome to this World!

FrenchieBoy

I've just finished saying a final farewell to my oldest brother Rene whose funeral was live steamed at 05:55 this morning from Australia.
While the funeral was taking place I got a text through from our youngest son P.J. (Peter) to tell us that my first grand son Rory had arrived into this world and that Mother (Chelsea) and Rory were both doing fine.
Real mixed emotions for me at the moment, sorrow and joy both at the same time!

Sampo

Life has its own unique ways to help you cope.

Sorry for your loss of your brother and congrats on the newest member to the family.

Fosbery Holster

My deepest sympathy and condolences for the loss of your brother you will miss him greatly.

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson Rory he will be a person that fills the void you are feeling at the moment, as Stalker1962 says above that’s the “Circle of Life”.

VSS

"The Lord giveth, and he taketh away".

Religion isn't my strong point, but I can remember someone saying that to me when a long-standing family friend died on the same day as my eldest sister's baby was born.
I often think about those words, and draw strength from them at difficult times. I hope they help you too.

FrenchieBoy

"The Lord giveth, and he taketh away".

Religion isn't my strong point, but I can remember someone saying that to me when a long-standing family friend died on the same day as my eldest sister's baby was born.
I often think about those words, and draw strength from them at difficult times. I hope they help you too.
Right now that really is so true.
Thanks for everyone's kind words. :tiphat:
I'll put a photo up of Rory as soon as one is available.

User00025

You have my sympathy Pete for the loss of your brother. You have a grandson to follow, the old saying goes " Another more, another less" happened in our family Mum went, her great granddaughter was born the next day.
🦡

FrenchieBoy

As promised here is the first photo of "My Little Angel" Ella (Now 27 months old) and the newest member of the family Rory (Nicknamed "Chunky Monkey" by his parents)!
Even after the events of today to say that I am made up is a huge understatement!:D:D:D
And YES, I am now "wetting the baby's head" - Cheers Guys!:popcorn:

SamHuntVic

I was born the day after my grandfather died.
Sad to hear of one's brother passing but congratulations on the new little fella Frenchie, now keep those rifles in the family.
Grant.

Cootmeurer

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

King James Version

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Condolences and Congratulations

FrenchieBoy

As promised here is the first photo of "My Little Angel" Ella (Now 27 months old) and the newest member of the family Rory (Nicknamed "Chunky Monkey" by his parents)!
Even after the events of today to say that I am made up is a huge understatement!:D:D:D
And YES, I am now "wetting the baby's head" - Cheers Guys!:popcorn:
Don't know what happened to the photo. Here it is!

Attachments

• Ella and Rory.jpg
    Ella and Rory.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1