A poll like no other

PSE Composites Limited

What qualifications do you currently have?

• Total voters

jingzy

This should get a few going.
Please read this: If you hold the Deer Managers course, just tick that. We wknow then that the DSC 1+2 IS HELD.

If you have DSC 2 just tick that.

Thanks

re'M'ington

I have a CSE in woodwork,but,I am trying hard...........Martin.

p.s. never been one for qualifications.

mudman

None.

I did the DSC1 course a year ago but the independent assessor was not able to attend for the testing part. I was not able to make the re-arranged assessment a week or so later and left it at that.

Enjoyed the course, pity there was no certificate at the end of it!

Amberdog

Wait to see the feathers fly with this one
I did level 1 with basc not as expensive as bds in the lake district,also took level 2 part in lakes and rest in south west scotland agian not too hard on the pocket as for the rush on fc stalkers to get level 2 they must have been warned it was needed
amberdog

Offroad Gary

i got a 5M swimming badge when i was a nipper!

i bought the material to study dsc1 at home, never got round to doing the test. i did however use the manual last night to to raise the stock of my rifle whilst boresighting my new scope, very useful book! :rolleyes:

swampy

dsc

i did my dsc1 last year with mudman. it was a great course as he said, although we did have to return to do the assessment.

i am currently working towards my level 2.

i also have a GCSE in Welsh language, I am an aircraft recognition instructor and loads of other really useful stuff.

my aim is to train up to accreditted witness level.

when i first started deer stalking i thought i would never do the qualifications as i believed they were a cynical money making ploy. However i have found them necassary to access some stalking. when i did the course i found it very interesting and whilst i maybe didn't learn a huge amount i found that it confirmed my practises and the chatting with the other guys was great.

swampy

Jagare

Dsc1 , Swedish jägare exam, City & guilds in animal husbandry.

Never passed the boy scouts cooking badge due to the fat in the pan was to hot and the bacon srivelled to nothing.

legaleagle69

I got a certificate from a chap on the fair ground for shooting out the red star with a bb machine gun does that count? :p

Trapper

We may TAKE THE **** GENTS , but more and more permit leases/ land leases are asking the question, are you qualified ! to do this n that ! have you insurance to cover your activities! etc!. I shoot a permit with .22rf for rabbits /vermin on a Livery farm, small change ! but the owners want someone with knowse that ain't ,Gonna pop a Thoroughbred, when lamping,.I would be popular eh!! any horse haters, preempt my answer and go away.!
cheers Trapper

The Mole

IanF said:
Whats the difference between the BDS Advanced stalker Certificate .... & the BDS Deer Managers course? :rolleyes:

Just a few years, a redesign & name change and a non-compulsory shooting test ........ awaiting incoming .......... :confused:

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
1 and 2 and about 28 years of guiding and taking clients out and managing two estates one of 12,500acres and the present 8000 acres.

NO I am not an AW. Although I have been witness to a few things in my time, but thats not for you lot to know :lol: :lol:

jingzy

sika,

you surprise me. Not your abilities, but the level 2. I thought you had a great distaste for the whole concept. :eek:

J

IanF

The Mole said:
IanF said:
Whats the difference between the BDS Advanced stalker Certificate .... & the BDS Deer Managers course? :rolleyes:

Just a few years, a redesign & name change and a non-compulsory shooting test ........ awaiting incoming .......... :confused:

....and that was my thought exactly! :)

Mind you, still rate it as the best deer related course I have done.

Rgds Ian

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Jingzy,

The only resaon I decided to take Level 2 is because of the leases I already had, and if they had decided to ask me for Level 2 I would be ahead of the game; at the time I was managing 12,500 acres in Scotland for a gentlemen, and had been stalking and managing deer for about 18 years.

I also feel as many do that it will be a requirement eventually :rolleyes: Level 1 is already (and please dont tell me its not, just about every constabulary are asking for it before they allow any new FA applications), so that is why I decided to take Level 2. The whole affair run by BASC was a bloody cock up that took nearly two years to sort out with them, hopeless, and after this I left BASC never ever to return.

Not for any other reason did I take Level 2, and I also had the stalks on my own ground verified, which saved some money, so i was lucky. No way would I pay for it today, or pay to be taken out, many of the AW's at the time hadnt got a clue. I am sure things are much diiferent now with a more open approach, at least I hope so.

PSE Composites Limited