A Quote You Live By

Frax

Following on from the song lyrics to live by, is there a quotation, piece of poetry or prose you live by.

I have had this pinned to my office wall for many years:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain.

Drew

i had a SA teacher who once told me 'take every oppertunity my boy'

although it's not the most complicated piece of philosophy, it is responsible for some unexpectedly amazing experiences of which probaby make me who i am today.

Alex

successful people have the habit do doing things that unsuccessful people dont like to do. The successful people dont like to do them either, but there dislike is subordinated by there strength of purpose

or if thats a bit much grasshopper

Just do it
(NIKE)

lines

Fighting advice -- Go ugly early.

Don't do stupid things, don't associate with stupid people, don't go to stupid places, and don't live in stupid areas.

Be kind and courteous to everyone you meet but have a plan on how to kill them if necessary.

Morons are equally distributed among time and space, so it does not matter where you go. You are very likely to find at least one in a location where you least expect it.

"Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it." -- Albert Einstein

I know there are several members on here from the REME.

"ROYAL ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERS"

I am one of them.

Our Corps Motto is

'Arte et Marte'

Which translates into

'By skill and by fighting'

Very appropriate to todays climate.

TJ

'labradors are born half trained and spaniels die half trained' - my mates excuse when his springers act up..

Quotes

tartinjock said:
I know there are several members on here from the REME.

"ROYAL ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERS"

I am one of them.

Our Corps Motto is

'Arte et Marte'

Which translates into

'By skill and by fighting'

Very appropriate to todays climate.

TJ

Ballocks, as you well know it means twist to open :lol: :evil:

That will do wont do here

Do it nice or do it twice

Dave

Gentlemen/ladies :rolleyes:
The Corps (Ubique) Que Fas ET Gloria Du****! everywhere where right and glory leads! If I where German i would like the last word . :lol:
We detract from deer stuff here !.Still its a Lark.
Trapper

there are some good ones here and these are mine

Old dogs for the road, pups for the pavement

better to be thought a fool , than to open your mouth and prove it

cheers
stone

Back