a sad day ahead

bobjs

well my old pup is rather ill and that day is dawning when we will have to part company and have him put to sleep,his pending blood tests will be back soon and all the vet said was take him Home Rob and let him have stake and chips followed buy choc ice and jelly,

this bit would not be so bad but having 3 girls in the house makes it even harder, i am not looking forward to it and the lump in the throat and the tears will be flowing i'm sure,

been a great we pup and we will miss him like mad,

phew this is hard. and i am as soft as mud,

bob

We've all been there Bob, it never gets any easier. I'm sure we will all share your sorrow when the time comes but it is for the best because I am sure you wouldn't want to it suffer any more.
Think of the good times you've had and think of the good times you can give another.

Sorry to hear this bob , its like loosing the best friend in the world , be strong for the girls regards danny

Hardest decision ive ever had to make but at the end of the day its a decision you've got to make. I still miss my dog two years on.

Sorry to hear this. It's a big decision but one that can't be neglected. Cried like a baby after getting out last one PTS at the ripe old age of 17, but there was never a doubt. You will know when the time is right and you owe it to the dog to end any suffering as soon as you can.

Good luck, remember the years of great times and remember also that it should be a painful process; if it wasn't then your doing something wrong.

Bob I feel your pain. Lost 2 within 6 months of each other just over 2 years ago. New dog is doing great but still miss my bitch every day. Fighting back a tear as I write this it never gets any easier we just move on knowing we did what we had to for our best friend.
Wingy

well my old pup is rather ill and that day is dawning when we will have to part company and have him put to sleep,his pending blood tests will be back soon and all the vet said was take him Home Rob and let him have stake and chips followed buy choc ice and jelly,

this bit would not be so bad but having 3 girls in the house makes it even harder, i am not looking forward to it and the lump in the throat and the tears will be flowing i'm sure,

been a great we pup and we will miss him like mad,

phew this is hard. and i am as soft as mud,

bob

Yes, it's a hard enough thing to do at the best of times but it's so much worse when children are around. We had to do the same with our 16 1/2 year old GSP a few weeks ago & our 12 year old twins said that they wanted to come to the vets too to say good bye to her (which I did think was brave). I wouldn't have been too distraught about putting her down if I was by myself but it's a lot harder to remain composed when you're surrounded by sobbing children. So yes, the children will make it harder for you but I did find that within 24 hours the boys were very matter-of-fact about it all having seen her die. When we've done this before the dog has been taken to the vets by only me so I suppose allowing them to be involved enabled them to come to terms with it far more quickly.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a hard enough thing to do at the best of times but it's so much worse when children are around. We had to do the same with our 16 1/2 year old GSP a few weeks ago & our 12 year old twins said that they wanted to come to the vets too to say good bye to her (which I did think was brave). I wouldn't have been too distraught about putting her down if I was by myself but it's a lot harder to remain composed when you're surrounded by sobbing children. So yes, the children will make it harder for you but I did find that within 24 hours the boys were very matter-of-fact about it all having seen her die. When we've done this before the dog has been taken to the vets by only me so I suppose allowing them to be involved allowed them to come to terms with it far more quickly.

Good strength of character shown at such a young age. You must be doing something right by them.

The long walk is never an easy one!

i am sure my old lab is waiting for me some where, waiting for a toasted tea cake and the dregs of me tea.

The long walk is never an easy one!

i am sure my old lab is waiting for me some where, waiting for a toasted tea cake and the dregs of me tea.

[FONT=&quot]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Author unknown...[/FONT]

thank you all so much. we have spent this evening just sitting with him and letting him know that we all love him and we will miss him. at just 10 to us cozzy will be taken far to soon,

regards all

bob and family

my thoughts are with you and your family, theres no doubt your pup will live on with great memories, its just that ultimate act of kindness is such a hard thing to do. Others far more skilled with the pen sum it up well

I have done mostly what most men do,
And pushed it out of my mind;
But I can’t forget, if I wanted to,
Four-Feet trotting behind.

Day after day, the whole day through —
Wherever my road inclined —
Four-Feet said, “I am coming with you!”
And trotted along behind.

Now I must go by some other round, —
Which I shall never find —
Somewhere that does not carry the sound
Of Four-Feet trotting behind.

Kipling

Its a hard time, when the time comes we have to do the right thing for our friend. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear that Rob, as said, many have to go through this.
Our last bloke was destined for a Friday meet at home with the Vet. Last minute he couldn't make it until the Monday. I couldn't look old Satan in the eye over the weekend. I was a wreck for weeks.
Stick with it.
Grant.

So sorry to hear this news Bob :cry:

Neil. :)

cheers Neil and the rest of the lads.

bloody hard and the worst bit I think will be taking him in, us big hard men never want to be seen crying, but I wont have the strength not too.

bob.

It never gets to be any easier. That's the price we have to pay for all the joy they give us. I'm so sorry mate

I feel for you, just lost our 7 year old lab, fine then lost weight rapidly and then started to swell up, vet said an aggressive tumour on the liver so bought him home for the last night and the vet came the next morning, still have wet eyes now.

Back