A tale of two Muntjac

Chris Rob

Well not really a stalk more of an opportune moment. Out after Charlie last night & arrived a bit too early. We had about an hour of daylight left so Paul & I motored on down to one of his permissions to have a quick look.

As we rounded the hedgerow into the first field Paul thought he saw two fox in front of us along the field edge. I jumped out & up onto the tailgate of the Range Rover for a better look & through the scope saw two Muntjac, a buck & a small doe at just about 100 yards.

I shot the buck cleanly through the neck & the doe bounded off into the hedgerow. We waited a couple of minutes & lo & behold she reappeared next to the downed buck so I managed to take her as well.

To say I was pleased is an understatement. :D Paul kindly butchered them for me today (thanks mate) & they now reside in our freezers. ;)

Rifle used was a Tikka T3 Hunter Deluxe in .22-250 with a 3.5-10x50 Kahles scope & using 50 grain Norma Ballistic Tips.

Chris

TonyC

A tale of two mutjacs

Well done Chris - were they in the Wood or over in the other area near the motorway, I never really saw any Munties in the Wood when I was there.

Tonyc

Chris Rob

Re: A tale of two mutjacs

TonyC said:
Well done Chris - were they in the Wood or over in the other area near the motorway, I never really saw any Munties in the Wood when I was there.

Tonyc
Just down the road from the motorway site Tony on my friend Paul's permission. I've never seen Munties in our wood either, strange that!

Chris