A very satisfying afternoon

Very strange Somebody PMd me to advise that Hook-Eye saws were never sold (says so on the frame) and only rented out to US butchers c 1920s-1950s Consequently, their dimensions and blade construction was very odd so they couldn't be nicked as completely non standard. I have David Stretton at Donington Deer Management making me some spare blades. Handily it lives in truck for field prep whereas in the larder I have a "normal" camlock saw

S

You may also be wondering why there are 2 complete strip loins missing. We had some people for dins last Saturday so I part prepped one of the roe and took them off, de silver skinned and trimmed all ready for panfrying whole and then slicing. They were on the stainless prep table in larder. Girlfriend then distracted me for a few minutes. Inevitably the dogs were loose in the yard and I went back to larder to find the lab sliding the last one down whole. WHV of course being velcro had stuck with me and not wandered off. Only satisfaction was as I had caught him red handed was able to give him a good telling off!

S

Back