Accuracy international long action stock

longrange

Wanting to finish a build
I have a REM 700 chambered in 30.06 AkLEY improved spiral fluted barrel and bolt. I would like to pick up the old style ai stock in long action 1.5or2.0 folding version if possiblei prefer this shape to the new shape. I have been told by sportsman the long action 300wm stock is the one to use so mag will feed properly with 30.06 bullets. Only problem is it is pretty much impossible to find that stock. Plenty come up for sale in short action but never long action for 300wm not old shape anyway. I am now starting to think of a alternative stock I have noticed a few different stocks like the GRS. Just wondering if any of you lads no of any other new decent stocks with the tactical look that’s worth looking into. Cheers

g.u.y

I wonder is this link any help for you?

caberslash

Can someone tell me what is so great about the old AI stocks?

Thumbhole for all intents and purposes, expensive, heavy, still requires bedding etc.

For the look?

Rewulf

Have a word with Dauntsey guns Dauntsey Guns, Wiltshire, Wiltshire's Friendly Gun Shop: AICS Kits, Long Action They dont stock them , but do list them, so may be able to acquire you one?
Can someone tell me what is so great about the old AI stocks?

Thumbhole for all intents and purposes, expensive, heavy, still requires bedding etc.

For the look?
Yes the AICS looks good , but they are well made . solid and dependable.
Yes theyre heavy , reassuringly heavy as I call them :lol: but also functional , and designed for'serious' applications like military and police work, they also hold their value well.

I bought my first one , a folder for £550 , ex police, you could tell it had been used, and my experience of police FAOs , they dont treat their kit very well, but it still looked good , and functioned as well as new, Ive used other chassis's , but they all seem a bit 'mickey mouse' in comparison to the AI stocks.
Ive got another one for the Creedmoor now, as I cant think of a better outfit for it TBH.

PS I havent bedded either , should I ?

JockStalk

Have a word with Dauntsey guns Dauntsey Guns, Wiltshire, Wiltshire's Friendly Gun Shop: AICS Kits, Long Action They dont stock them , but do list them, so may be able to acquire you one?

Yes the AICS looks good , but they are well made . solid and dependable.
Yes theyre heavy , reassuringly heavy as I call them :lol: but also functional , and designed for'serious' applications like military and police work, they also hold their value well.

I bought my first one , a folder for £550 , ex police, you could tell it had been used, and my experience of police FAOs , they dont treat their kit very well, but it still looked good , and functioned as well as new, Ive used other chassis's , but they all seem a bit 'mickey mouse' in comparison to the AI stocks.
Ive got another one for the Creedmoor now, as I cant think of a better outfit for it TBH.

PS I havent bedded either , should I ?
They don’t need it mate - just ‘a good torque up’
I’m with you on the rugged dependability. Have a look at Edi’s stocks over at PSE. Everything you get from an AI, just 2kgs lighter 😜