Advice needed

Diggerdez

Just purchased second hand shotgun, while i was filling out transfer of firearms form i handed the seller my fac ticket not shotgun ticket, it now has shotgun details written on it does this void my fac cert, will phone FD tomorrow but doubt i will get through as only monday and thursday phones are answerd. I am moving house in 6 weeks so would have to send in for change of address then do you think they will change cert then or would they require it straight away to rectify mistake on FAC.:oops:

potshotpat

Just purchased second hand shotgun, while i was filling out transfer of firearms form i handed the seller my fac ticket not shotgun ticket, it now has shotgun details written on it does this void my fac cert, will phone FD tomorrow but doubt i will get through as only monday and thursday phones are answerd. I am moving house in 6 weeks so would have to send in for change of address then do you think they will change cert then or would they require it straight away to rectify mistake on FAC.:oops:
You have made a genuine mistake contact your FD as soon as possible. I would send an e-mail and phone as well. I don't think you will have any problems, they must get this sort of thing all the time. Now go and stand in the corner.:old:

Diggerdez

Thanks for reply Potshotpat, definetely a stand in corner moment lol. Enfieldspares thanks for PM, got SG cert filled and signed but he wont sign fac till i contact FD to confirm they allow it to be crossed of on cert. Sent Email to FD tonight will also contact by phone tomorrow Thanks for Advice schoolboy error on my part learn by our mistakes

paul o'

We all understand crap happens don't overthink it S/G on SG cert sorted , cock up on fac cert so give it a black line dont get it signed no need its a void action not a transfer just its a spec savers moment is not a hanging offence inform them sorted . enjoy :tiphat:

Last edited:

Woodsmoke

Easily done, and just as easily sorted. It's just an admin' cock-up at the end of the day, not the end of the world :thumb:

Diggerdez

Thanks guys for the replies, FD got back to me today told me it is all ok,but not to write line through it and i could send in for a replacement cert if needed.

kes

Sad to think we all obsess to the same degree over potential issues which affect our certs.
We should know that when we are being reasonable so should the police - its a real disappointment that there doesn't seem to be a meeting ground in the middle we can all rely on.