Advice needed.

Petecannon

​Hi there, I am looking to get a scope for my 30.06 and wanted some advice about the benefits of having a scope with side focus or not at all?
Thanks Peter

Harry mac

​Hi there, I am looking to get a scope for my 30.06 and wanted some advice about the benefits of having a scope with side focus or not at all?
Thanks Peter
Get a variable with a lowish bottom end and forget all about parallax adjustable scopes.

Tackleberry270

If it is deerstalking you will be doing then don't bother with any variable or parallax. Get a fixed power 6x42 or 8x42 and spend as much as you can on the best optics. What others might argue you will loose you will gain more through having a simple scope with nothing to worry about except learning your bullet trajectory and point of aim accordingly. You will learn this quicker than someone with a variable and less potential to mess up with bullet misplacement or loosing deer whilst faffing and adjusting. ... trust me!!

... if you think 200m will be a regular occurrence then 8x42. All I said above still applies.

Petecannon

When hunting Kudu in South Africa I tended to leave the scope on about 8 and don’t want to fiddle around with a knobs and other adjustments. Hence the reason for asking as all the bells and whistles sound and look good but are they practical – thanks for the advice.

Territory Hunting