Advice on best IR for Wraith 4K

paulbshooting

Hello, getting back into NV and have 4k wraith on my foxing rifle. Getting to know the wraith and all zeroed but getting mixed results from the supplied IR.

Have that on an adjustable mount on side of wraith and even experimenting I can't get a decent sight picture.

Read on here and elsewhere ref IR but confused so welcome any advice.

Happy to upgrade to the IR and top mount rather than side mount if that helps. Foxing only setup so ideally 150 yards sort of performance would be great. Confused on LED or Laser or 850 / 940 rating - too many options! Thank you

MarkD123

I think you’ll get a million different answers.
My two penneth is that you definitely need Laser rather than led and make it 850 rating.
Personally I use an Xcalibur one which, if you’re on Facebook, you can get by messaging a chap called Lee Poland on the N8Vision forum for relatively little money.
I’ve found Lee a top chap to deal with on such things, and the Xcalibur easily does what you’re asking for relatively little money compared with the ‘top names’.
Oh and it’s small in size too.

BLUEROLL

Hello, getting back into NV and have 4k wraith on my foxing rifle. Getting to know the wraith and all zeroed but getting mixed results from the supplied IR.

Have that on an adjustable mount on side of wraith and even experimenting I can't get a decent sight picture.

Read on here and elsewhere ref IR but confused so welcome any advice.

Happy to upgrade to the IR and top mount rather than side mount if that helps. Foxing only setup so ideally 150 yards sort of performance would be great. Confused on LED or Laser or 850 / 940 rating - too many options! Thank you
Get a 850nm Dark Engine from the night vision store.

SussexSteve

I have had an Excalibur from lee Poland and PBir L side by side on wraiths and nothing in it. Also run a dark engine from Clive ward which is excellent and can be used with the original mount as can the Excalibur so no need for a huge thing hanging off the scope

Ttocs

I’ve not used a Wraith 4k so can’t comment specifically. However, any of the Laser IR torches will give you 150 yards and more with most devices but laser, rather than LED, being especially important with HD/4k devices.
The Dark Engine is very good and probably the lightest and most compact of the bunch; I have one and I also have a Solaris SRX with dimmer. I prefer the SRX with its dimmer as I keep it on minimum then wind I up the power to get the desired image quality (I find I spook less foxes this way). On my Drone I can ID at 600 - 700 yards. Dark Engine (3 power levels) on Pard 008, I can ID at 250 - 300yards.
As said, I’ve not used a Wraith but with most units 850nm will give the best picture and the longest range. 940nm torches, whilst more covert, give about 50 - 70% of the range and picture quality of the 850nm.
N

BLUEROLL

I’ve not used a Wraith 4k so can’t comment specifically. However, any of the Laser IR torches will give you 150 yards and more with most devices but laser, rather than LED, being especially important with HD/4k devices.
The Dark Engine is very good and probably the lightest and most compact of the bunch; I have one and I also have a Solaris SRX with dimmer. I prefer the SRX with its dimmer as I keep it on minimum then wind I up the power to get the desired image quality (I find I spook less foxes this way). On my Drone I can ID at 600 - 700 yards. Dark Engine (3 power levels) on Pard 008, I can ID at 250 - 300yards.
As said, I’ve not used a Wraith but with most units 850nm will give the best picture and the longest range. 940nm torches, whilst more covert, give about 50 - 70% of the range and picture quality of the 850nm.
N
I have a recording to get to Optics Warehouse this coming week of the Wulf 4k/Dark Engine 940 looking at a gateway at 210yds, with good detail.