Advise on stalking trousers please

springbok787

After being out last night on the side of a welsh hill in sleet, snow, driving rain and 40 mph winds I have decided it’s time for a pair of waterproof stalking trousers.

Requirements are:-

Quiet
Lightweight and breathable to allow me to use in spring and autumn as well.
Ideally I don’t want an over-trouser type as I want to just wear one layer.
Pockets on the outside are useful.

Budget probably £150 ish plus or minus a bit.

Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

springbok787

Looking at their site now did you have a model in mind?

Ingels seem to fit the bill and be in budget but only water repellent so this might wash off?

Norse are too expensive at £400! One bad day with a barb wire fence and I would cry.

Lagan seem ok but again treated with DWR to make water repellent.

Angus bit expensive and seem to be made of leather. Not my choice of trouser material socially or hunting wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TURNBOLT

My last Harkila ones were terrible .They were only waterproof for 18 months,my Harkila coat is still waterproof after 18 years and some terrible abuse.I bought deer hunter trousers last year and they have been very good this winter.

Uncle f

Sasta naali or falljraven hydractic stuff. It’s all I ever wear anytime of year. Avoid like the plague harkila
Stuff. 15-20 years ago it was very good now you will just end up walking about with a cold and very wet and very heavy set of strides on.
Nothing apart from a bin liner is totally waterproof completely. The more waterproof something is externally the more unbreathable it will be internally FACT.
so the key is to find the perfect compromise. Falljraven do this by allowing you to wax up there g1000 stuff. The more wax you add the more waterproof externally they become, however the more unbreathable they become internally

Kjm041

I also wear fjallraven (Lapland) and have been pleased with them. Need to wax them. They are water resistant but if you sit or kneel on water it will soak right through. They are very good at drying though.

glasshalffull

Jahti Jakt air-tex Bought a pair on the Bay for sub £50 posted and very happy with them.
Deerhunter are ok but not so waterproof but are more breathable and therefore comfortable if not bucketing down.
Heard reports about Harkila sweating problem but only hearsay, would want to try a pair myself. Bit too rich for crossing barbed wire ;)

CarlW

Jahti Jakt air-tex Bought a pair on the Bay for sub £50 posted and very happy with them.
Deerhunter are ok but not so waterproof but are more breathable and therefore comfortable if not bucketing down.
Heard reports about Harkila sweating problem but only hearsay, would want to try a pair myself. Bit too rich for crossing barbed wire ;)
Those who wear Harkila employ a little man to carry them over barbed wire on his shoulders.

Eric the Red

Having worn a pair for more than 18 months in the same environment, I can highly recommend ShooterKing Donald's. Hardwoods model is the pick for me, but the new Hunflex are also pretty impressive.

Ozalid

And there you have it, everyone’s subjective views, fact is most good manufacturers have good warm and weatherproof trousers, Gortex is a label I look for, just like Vibram on boots.
As someone said earlier, your clothes need to breathe or you will be soaked in sweat. I’ve got several pairs of trousers from different manufacturers, which pair I choose depends on the conditions I’m expecting, but I would advise carrying a very light pair of over trousers for when it’s really p****** down.

bluesako

i bought a pair o
Those who wear Harkila employ a little man to carry them over barbed wire on his shoulders.
i wear harkila pro hunters , i bought 2 pair for £280 ,and they are fantastic trousers, i dont have a problem with barbed wire, because my manservent climbs said fence and retrieves what i have shot ,jeez stop knocking what other people buy, do i take the **** out of you when you post something, its getting to the point that members are not posting on here because of the likes of you and others, somebody asks a civil question and you get knobheads like you, posting silly little replies grow up , bs:banghead: