Africa - other destinations for plains game hunting

Donnachaidh

I recently returned from my first African safari, hunting plains game in Namibia, and already whiling away the time thinking about another trip in a few years time.
I've read a lot about South Africa and Zimbabwe, but what other countries are affordable alternatives for plains game hunting? Are Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique or Uganda viable options?

MJ75

I recently returned from my first African safari, hunting plains game in Namibia, and already whiling away the time thinking about another trip in a few years time.
I've read a lot about South Africa and Zimbabwe, but what other countries are affordable alternatives for plains game hunting? Are Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique or Uganda viable options?

South Africa and Namibia are without doubt the most affordable of African countries to hunt.

What species do you want to hunt? And are you looking for trophy or management options? Prices can vary dramatically between countries for particular species and outfitters in some countries are really only interested in trophy hunts.

Kano383

Uganda is a viable option for sure... Beautiful country, wonderful weather, and great diversity in areas and game. Very few outfitters, too. Now, affordable... It depends on what is “affordable”, and what type of game and hunting you are after.

Bos en Dal Safaris

South Africa and Namibia are probably the two most well know countries, We also have opportunities available in Botswana. You can contact me via Pm if you would be interested
my best

smullery

SA and Namibia are the benchmarks on price. Everywhere else goes up faster than a NASA rocket. Plains game is not “their” market, it’s the Big Stuff or the rarer species.

Stan

XYZ

There are many other countries to hunt, just depends how deep your pockets are.