• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: AICS 10 round Mags in 308/7.62

Neumo

I want to get into CSR so am after some 10 round AICS Mags in .308/7.62 if anyone has some to sell. Am looking for 2 now and maybe more if the price is right. Thanks

Neumo

I bought 2 & they were not feeding into the LSS stock when I was doing my Introduction to CSR this Sunday. It may have been a bit of mud in the wrong place but I have lost some confidence in them. Plus I always wanted some AI Mags & may be able to Mag stand with them.

FGYT

I bought 2 & they were not feeding into the LSS stock when I was doing my Introduction to CSR this Sunday. It may have been a bit of mud in the wrong place but I have lost some confidence in them. Plus I always wanted some AI Mags & may be able to Mag stand with them.

think the first run had some problems with bulging if full

[video=youtube;xaEiYxzruMA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEiYxzruMA[/video]

NorthDorset

Well I have run about 70 rounds through mine now in the AICS no problem. I know the batch I bought from had only just come in.

I can tell you there is no chance of it bulging.

Neumo

think the first run had some problems with bulging if full
Now that is interesting. I had problems when I had loaded all 10 rounds into the mags, with the last one being pretty tight to get in. It was with a full mag that it would not fully fit into the mag well as it should and you could see the top round was 1/2" or more lower than it should have been. This was in the MDT LSS chassis. When I closed the bolt it was simply to low down for a round to be picked up, which is less than ideal when you are on the clock doing CSR like I was. It took a good tap to get them to seat correctly & then it would feed a round. This happened on both mags I have, so I am looking at proper metal AI ones instead. I shall have words with my supplier. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Neumo

I have decided to do some tests in the morning. I will measure the width at various places on the mag with my digital callipers, load in 10 & measure again. The supplier is going to talk to MDT about it, check which version I was sent etc.. He gets some new ones next week he says so that may be a fix. I am looking at proper Metals ones from AI which are out of stock now but they will get some more in stock in a few weeks they said.

Neumo

Done some tests. With 10 rounds in the mag they ARE Bulging by 2mm+
When pushed in it will not engage the mag release clip & the bolt passes over the top round.

Measurements by caliper down from the top:
Unload is 22.5mm
Loaded with 10 is 24.5mm

Time for some AI Mags I think. These are good mags, as long as you don't want to load 9 or 10 rounds into them as those are stiff to load and are too much for these early versions. I have informed my supplier & await his response.

Last edited:

Jiminic

Got mine from tacfire systems.. Fab service.. Cheapest I could find and free postage.. All in the 10 round was £62 to my door..

Neumo

Thanks I will check that out as Sporting Services are out of stock till the end of next month

Neumo

Still Looking. The MDT ones are going back to the supplier & then back to the US as they were defiantly bulging when round 9 & 10 went in. I have bought 1 proper metal AICS mag but am looking for a couple more if anyone has some to sell. Problem is that Sporting Services are out, as are TacFire, so I need to look round to find someone that has new ones in stock if I cat find any second hand ones.