Aim sonic sound mod?????

ciaran

Well lads, just wondering has anybody any experience with the aim sonic predator sound mod, I seen one tonight abd was thinking of putting it on my .22-250, any info would be greatly appreciated

karlbird

If this is the Sonic 45 that comes with the Howa kit then they are ok - reasonable price, lightweight, strippanke, does what it said on the tin until I sold the gun and it went with it, no complaints.

Cadex

I've asked about these before, they look like a good mix of weight and sound reduction but it appears few people have actually bought and used one.
I was particularly interested in .30 one, probably the compact variant for a new .308 I'm in the process of buying.

Alan Rhone is the UK distributor and they come with an excellent warranty, but due to the lack of reviews it's a difficult to know if they are worth a punt.

Last edited:

stevenedwards

Just changed my moderator today to an Aim Sport 42s on the recommendation of the local gun shop. I knew next to nothing about them so am going a bit on trust. The shop told me that Highland Outdoors are now the UK importer ! Whilst it is longer it is only 20g grams heavier than the Lawrence, lets hope it is better.

ciaran

I think I will bite the bullet and get it and see how It fairs out, I've a atec maxim on my .270 and there is a fair bit of weight I it, the gundealer who I'm dealing told me he has sold a few of the predator mods and he hasn't had any reports back on them, Steven when you get trying yours out let us know what your thoughts are on it

activeviii

I use to use the reflex type. Had 2 of them. Other ended up going back for a refund. Alan Rhone's was a bit fed up as he had I good number returned, all with o'rings blowing out and get blow back and crud in the face. From what I understand they stopped doing the reflex and just sold the end can.

nun_hunter

I have one in 6.5mm that came with my .222

It works well co sidering the hole could be smaller so would be even more effective, it's light and well made. Good and a bad point is the muzzle thread section. It's easy to remove and can purchase another in a different thread for £70 if you want to change the rifle. Bad point is that if you are at the range shooting a lot then the barrel and moderator heat up more than the threaded part so they expand which leads to it becoming stuck to the barrel but loose on the can. Easily solved by tightening it to the can when it's warm but a bit annoying the first time it happened.