airguns

alfiemarley

In veiw of what has happened to that poor little boy recently don't you think that airguns should be banned. All guns were invented for the purpose of killing and in this instant a boy of 6 has died just because a gun fell into the wrong hands. I know it was an accident but if their were no airguns in the first place this boy would still be alive. Why can't you people find something better to do with your lives that does not involve killing animals for fun, I for one have never owned a gun of any type and as a matter of interest do not eat meat and think that all humans should become vegans and stop all this brutal killing.

Rasputin

In veiw of what has happened to that poor little boy recently don't you think that airguns should be banned. All guns were invented for the purpose of killing and in this instant a boy of 6 has died just because a gun fell into the wrong hands. I know it was an accident but if their were no airguns in the first place this boy would still be alive. Why can't you people find something better to do with your lives that does not involve killing animals for fun, I for one have never owned a gun of any type and as a matter of interest do not eat meat and think that all humans should become vegans and stop all this brutal killing.

I agree with you....

Kjf

US people don't kill animals for fun , we do it for fresh organic meat( you don't eat meat and that's your choice, crack on)Also a lot of us shoot targets,

its tragic that a young lad has lost his life in a tragic accident,

do we ban all contact sports as well??? Accidents happen with all everyday sports and use of tools, ie cars, machinery , and a lot more deaths are committed with knives etc,

Any way your biased opinion is not welcome on this forum,

US people are the most law abiding citizens you will ever meet,

your comments are beyond biased,

you got a response which is what you wanted,

im done with wasting time on your biased attitude,

but to say , YOU people should find better things to do with our lives!!!!!, people in glass houses springs to my mind

farewell!!!!!! and mods, please ban this fool immediately

kjf

Last edited:

goldypurple

you could say that about any gun! if we didnt have them we wouldnt have any gun deaths. Death will be caused by something else, Knifes, cars etc. But at the end of the day its not the item at fault, its the nut using said item that is the problem!

you sound very anti, and this site probably isnt the right place for you to be!

Monkey Spanker

Yes, you're right, let's not kill anything any more. Deer will continue to recruit at about 33% per year. Wild boar will multiply by about 60% per year. Very soon there will be no understory in the woodlands and all other species that live their will be gone. The animals will then be forced to move to the fields to eat crops that we (even vegans!) rely on for our food. It then comes to the point where either we starve or the animals do. Deer do not die of old age in case you didn't know? They die because their teeth wear out. This is accelerated if they are forced to eat poor food because the population is too high. To avoid a lingering death due to starvation by not being able to eat, mother nature relieves the suffering of such old animals by providing a natural predator. Unfortunately, our predecessors though best to remove such predators, so now it is left to us to try to rectify this situation. We also prevent the 33% and the 60% increase each year mentioned above, to ensure that we can live alongside our wild animals in an acceptable balance as nature would have intended. I'm sure you must agree that natural selection is the ideal solution? You just don't understand that we need to assist it?
I hope you are allowed to stay on here so that we can have some further discussion.
Regards,
MS

Woodsmoke

I hope you are allowed to stay on here so that we can have some further discussion

What on earth would be the point? You're falling into the trap that these people are amenable to compromise and rational argument. They're not. Not one anti that I've ever met has been. It's like trying to educate pork. The troll has gone back under its rock, so lets just hope it doesn't come back :confused:

Apthorpe

I'm sorry that you got an intemperate reception. I'll try to reply properly.
No, I don't think airguns should be banned. Your reaction to this very sad incident is the result of an illogical prejudice against guns because you din't use them. When someone kills a child with a car, you don't call for cars to be banned, because you use them. The same applies to other dangerous sources of accident - electricity, tall buildings, beach holidays etc. The result to the child affected is the same.
Saying that all guns were invented for killing is also not really relevant. It's probably not even accurate. Types of guns have been invented for all sorts of purposes from making holes in paper to relieving suffering to projecting life saving equipment.
To the extent anyone does kill animals for fun, and I accept that some people who shoot them do, so long as the meat produced is eaten, or the conservation value of doing it is positive - it's not immoral, you just find it distasteful. Fair enough.
If I became a vegan, I would still cause many animals to be killed for my food. You do too. Growing grains, fruits and vegetables involves the deaths of very large numbers of animals both pest species and protected species during cultivation amd harvesting. The difference is that because the animals concerned don't end up on your plate you can ignore them and assume a position of noisy moral superiority.

Admin: I notice this guy's account is "suspended". Maybe there's nothing wrong in letting him air his opinions or ask his questions? We might learn something, and hopefully he might learn a lot.

long_range_rob

And perhaps if we uninvented to car the damage we have done to the planet will magically repair itself overnight.

An interesting POV expressed in the OP but seems a little unrealistic. Perhaps those of us with air rifles should keep them secure as per current UK legislation. I know I do.

None of this however will console the parents of that poor child. Nor will trying to make political gains on the back of a tragedy.

Well done to Admin for removing this chap!

Cottis

Out of interest, has anyone ever tried to join a Vegan forum??:norty:
MS

That is quite an interesting point I have never really pondered. This is not the first time I have seen someone go to the trouble of registering on a forum that is quite obviously the epitome of everything they disagree with, just to then put across a point they know will fall on deaf ears. It does seem an odd thing to do. I wonder if these people think anyone will listen? They must realise nobody will, so that then leads me to think they are just the classic selfish person who cannot live and let live and let people do as they wish and treat others as they wish to be treated. That is pretty sad.

I don't expect anyone to dictate to me what I do, as long as I abide by the general law of the land and somewhat subscribe to society. Likewise, I would never tell someone what they should or should not be eating.

Meat is full of iron and that is required for a healthy body. We were meant to be omnivores who enjoy a balanced diet. Maybe these Vego's should use their reduced energy on something more worthwhile.

Would be hilarious to see every meat eater in the population inundate Vegan forums with threads like "I cannot believe you belittle plants, chop them down in their prime just so you can stuff your faces with them. What did legumes, pulses and grass ever do to you? They have feelings you know. Gits!"

finnbear270

A little bit of light reading for our friend who must now be sitting on the sideline, Have a thought next time you skin alive your next batch of spuds for the chip pan!
Clearly, plants can communicate. But does that mean they can feel pain? It's a troubling scenario for salad lovers squeamish at the thought of eating foods with feelings, and for them the answer may not be that appetizing.
According to researchers at the Institute for Applied Physics at the University of Bonn in Germany, plants release gases that are the equivalent of crying out in pain. Using a laser-powered microphone, researchers have picked up sound waves produced by plants releasing gases when cut or injured. Although not audible to the human ear, the secret voices of plants have revealed that cucumbers scream when they are sick, and flowers whine when their leaves are cut [source: Deutsche Welle].
There's also evidence that plants can hear themselves being eaten. Researchers at the University of Missouri-Columbia found that plants understand and respond to chewing sounds made by caterpillars that are dining on them. As soon as the plants hear the noises, they respond with several defense mechanisms [source: Feinberg].
For some researchers, evidence of these complex communication systems -- emitting noises via gas when in distress -- signals that plants feel pain. Others argue that there cannot be pain without a brain to register the feeling. Still more scientists surmise that plants can exhibit intelligent behavior without possessing a brain or conscious awareness [source: Pollan].

reloader54

That is quite an interesting point I have never really pondered. This is not the first time I have seen someone go to the trouble of registering on a forum that is quite obviously the epitome of everything they disagree with, just to then put across a point they know will fall on deaf ears. It does seem an odd thing to do. I wonder if these people think anyone will listen? They must realise nobody will, so that then leads me to think they are just the classic selfish person who cannot live and let live and let people do as they wish and treat others as they wish to be treated. That is pretty sad.

I don't expect anyone to dictate to me what I do, as long as I abide by the general law of the land and somewhat subscribe to society. Likewise, I would never tell someone what they should or should not be eating.

Meat is full of iron and that is required for a healthy body. We were meant to be omnivores who enjoy a balanced diet. Maybe these Vego's should use their reduced energy on something more worthwhile.

Would be hilarious to see every meat eater in the population inundate Vegan forums with threads like "I cannot believe you belittle plants, chop them down in their prime just so you can stuff your faces with them. What did legumes, pulses and grass ever do to you? They have feelings you know. Gits!"

I believe it to be a form of self appreciation, a covert way of giving themselves a little "pat on the back". It's often called "virtue signalling" little alfie now feels big and his little vegan chest is all puffed up with pride.

of course in reality they have to be in large groups and cover their faces and are usually identified by odd coloured hair, cross dressing, and the females all look like the cast of "prisoner cell block H".