Alex jones

gixer1

Is this guy completely mental? I’m passionate about the right to own guns but this guy does gun owners no favours - and to suggest a school shooting is a hoax is absolutely bonkers - I see he’s had to pay out a significant pile of money after being prosecuted.

Absolute nut-nut!

Regards,
Gixer

mudman

Is this guy completely mental? I’m passionate about the right to own guns but this guy does gun owners no favours - and to suggest a school shooting is a hoax is absolutely bonkers - I see he’s had to pay out a significant pile of money after being prosecuted.

Absolute nut-nut!

Regards,
Gixer
Worrying thing is many many believe him

palmer_mike

Absolute nut-nut!

Regards,
Gixer
Got a link?

mealiejimmy

I've been watching this and you're right he is complete tosser
The case you are referring to is only to assess damages since he has already been found guilty of defamation (not easy in country where free speech is enshrined in the constitution)
Yesterdays verdict was just the first part of his first trial and that was for the jury to decide compensatory damages - which they did to the tune of $4.1million
The jury are back today to hear more evidence and then they decide on punitive damages - which could easily be $50 million plus
His lawyers screwed up big time by inadvertently sending the contents of his cellphone to the other sides lawyers - and the contents of the cellphone proved he had been lying in court
This trial was in Texas, but there another two scheduled for later this year in Connecticut (where the Sandy Hook shooting happened)
Jones was selling snake oil medical products to his audience of dafties and at one point was raking in $800,000 per DAY so, despite filing for bankruptcy, he is anything but poor
Jones has been arguing that he can say what he wants because he has freedom of speech under the first amendment of the US constitution
The prosecution lawyer put it best in his opening remarks - "Speech is free, but lies cost"

Cheers

Bruce

Rasputin

Absolute nut-nut!

Regards,
Gixer

Genuinely don’t think for a minute he believes this drivel being spouted and some of the other stuff he talks about if he does then frankly should be sectioned under mental health grounds. It’s nothing but marketing bs of the worse kind for his brand. As someone else pointed out he’s worth a few quid and is a snake oil salesman.

What is scary though is there are people who genuinely believe this tosh.

Rewulf

I've been watching this and you're right he is complete tosser
Agreed , however once, he was the darling of the conspiracy community, lately the word is he is some kind of shill, a sell out , who actually works for the government.
His lawyers screwed up big time by inadvertently sending the contents of his cellphone to the other sides lawyers - and the contents of the cellphone proved he had been lying in court
Really , hmmm , how convenient ?
Jones was selling snake oil medical products to his audience of dafties and at one point was raking in $800,000 per DAY so, despite filing for bankruptcy, he is anything but poor
Thats , if true , is a lot of sales of BS oil , and a lot of money to hide.
Im sceptical of the figure , if you took a few zeros off maybe , I know if I was pulling money like that , Id be keeping a low profile and my gob shut.

mealiejimmy

The $800k in one day came from a text sent by Jones from his cellphone.
The evidence today was from a forensic accountant brought in by the plaintiffs to assess Jones wealth
He said that Jones was adept at hiding money and that Jones lawyers had provide none of the requested information but that from the available figures, Jones was worth at least $280 million
The figures were not rebutted by Jones lawyers
At present the jury is out considering the amount they will award for punitive damages
I'm not even going to repeat the utter crap his lawyer came out with in his closing remarks.
BTW the US Department of Justice and the committee investigating the January 6 insurrection both requested copies of all the data on the cellphone - and the plaintiffs lawyer who inadvertently received the contents of Jones cellphone has given it to them
That'll be another nail in Trumps coffin

Cheers

Bruce

Last edited:

Franchi Matt

Hes just another loon from the birthplace of the conspiracy theory....

Like them UFO spotting pillocks...
Like them 9/11 pillocks.....

Again today I give thanks for rhe vast expanse of water between our two countries.

Fadcode

Worrying thing is many many believe him
It is very worrying that people will believe and be taken in by these charlatans, but before we get too sanctimonious we all tend to be taken in easily, some examples, the price of diesel here is 188.9p a litre, yet .9 of a penny doesn't exist, I have just seen and ad for shampoo on TV and it states a survey was held and 75% of 54 participants said they liked it, 75% 0f 54 is 40.5 people, so these are two examples of mistruths, and there are many more that we take on board without thinking are they actually true.
I in no shape or form believe in conspiracies, but when bombarded with lies and mistruths it's no wonder some people start believing anything they are told without questioning it.
The trouble nowadays is there is far too much information given out, sometimes one set in conflict with the other, and I am sure we all agree is that if we believe one side of an argument, we are unlikely to agree with the opposing view, whether it's correct or not,, once are minds are made up we usually stick with that opinion. The other point is that we always seem to put our own interests first, despite the consequences.