• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: Alex Martin 7x57

Status
Not open for further replies.

flytie

For sale;

My Alex Martin 7x57. The rifle was professionally bedded by Armalon by a previous owner. It was re-barrelled and blued 39 shots ago by Aritsan Forge who fitted a Lothar Walther, Mauser 98 profile barrel which is 23.62" long. I ran the barrel in by the book and then worked out a sporting load, which accounts for the 39 shots.

The barrel is threaded 1/14mm for a moderator.

The woodwork is straight grained walnut with only a few cabinet marks on it, it is in good condition.

I would like £525 for the rifle, sling and 25mm rings.

To go with the rifle there is an immaculate 8x56 Schmidt & Bender IR scope (L3 reticle), if sold with the rifle I will sell both for £625.

I have a set of Lee Deluxe reloading dies, with two bullet seating dies and 61 unused full length sized cases and 15 empty cases which can go with the rifle along with an assortment of hunting bullets if the asking price is paid. I will split RFD fees if people need the rifle sent by carrier.

Pictures http://s117.photobucket.com/user/Cinclus/slideshow/Alex Martin

Last edited:

Ratwhiskers

This needs a polite nudge back to the top......

It's a shame I've got two 7mm's already.. as it's a steal.....

flytie

I also forgot to mention that it is the large ring Mauser 98 action with the thumb cut-out. It has a trapdoor magazine too.

S.

Last edited:

flytie

i may be wrong but it looks like a large ring action
still a fine rifle
Pictures are of a large ring 98
I have removed the offending piece of spurious information, for which I blame my poor memory. I had been told what it was but obviously my memory failed me, for which I apologise.

Simon

PS: If it were not for ill health and the fact that real stalking is now beyond me I would never part with this rifle.

Last edited:

flytie

According to my scales it weighs 9.6 lbs scoped and takes 5 rounds in the magazine.

Regards, Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.