All Lawful Quarry condition

Territory Hunting

Win Mod 70

FAC renewal time. Anyone have the All Lawful Quarry condition on their certificate. If so can you share the wording as I want to use this on my renewal.
Any idea if the Herts and Beds licensing accept it?

Tackleberry270

FAC renewal time. Anyone have the All Lawful Quarry condition on their certificate. If so can you share the wording as I want to use this on my renewal.
Any idea if the Herts and Beds licensing accept it?

As with anything you want added on a certificate, you provide the reasoning for it and they will change your condition if they think its good enough. Surely asking someone else for a reason means you don't have one of your own?

2130martin

Google Andy Marsh AOLQ and there will be several links providing the information you require...........Devon and Cornwall do AOLQ

geordieh

As with anything you want added on a certificate, you provide the reasoning for it and they will change your condition if they think its good enough. Surely asking someone else for a reason means you don't have one of your own?

Hi
You don't have to provide a reason for it you ask for it because you want it
Geordie

Gouldie69

As a bit off novice, what would this then give you over your current conditions? Would you care to expand?

Win Mod 70

What I am after is how it's worded from someone who has it on their certificate already. I already have deer foxes etc but over the course of the next five years I will most likely treat myself to a couple of outing on boar or goats. And save having to list every species I may want to shoot it makes more spence to streamline what I want my rifles authorised for to deer and all other lawful quarry, or what ever the wording is that is currently being used by those forces that do accept AOLQ....

Dalua

I am more inclined to the view that once you have shown good reason to possess a firearm and to use it to take quarry, the FLD really doesn't really have any reason in law to prevent you from using that firearm to take lawful quarry.

Munty1

I have sent you the wording on mine. If you need any more permission get hold of me. Your initial question was self explanatory.

User00014

i mean its not rocket science is it ? just word it how you want it plain and simple like this -

ANY LAWFUL QUARY ON LAND WHERE I HAVE LAWFUL AUTHORITY TO SHOOT

then you might get open ticket as well .

dont pussy foot around with them tell them how it is and what you want and if you have good reason you will get it , if you dont have good reason you wont , it doesnt get any easier than that !

ive had any AOLQ on my ticket for the last 5 yrs and open ticket for the last 7 yrs and all i did is ask for it .

Tackleberry270

I am more inclined to the view that once you have shown good reason to possess a firearm and to use it to take quarry, the FLD really doesn't really have any reason in law to prevent you from using that firearm to take lawful quarry.

I'll admit defeat on this one. Although I think with some forces you will have to reason with them even if you shouldn't have to give good reason and this was where I was coming from. In these circumstances it helps if you know exactly why you need it rather than just because you want it. As someone else has said, don't pussyfoot around.

Toxster

Just list every legal quarry you can shoot and they might get the message when you have to add extra paper...

Safari Hunter

Just add "and any other lawful quarry" and they will do the rest. I sent my licence back to have this added and it came back in 2 days!! Record???
It wasn't a renewal they just added it after I sent them a letter. Staffs Police excellent.

Col

Just recieved my FAC back from South Wales police after requesting a variation. AOLQ on ticket without asking

Last edited:

EMcC

I asked for Wild Boar to be added to my FC and it came back, they did it in the back room while I waited actually, the usual Deer, Fox etc etc and added was 'any other lawful quarry'.
Previously I had Deer Fox etc and 'AOLQ where permission is granted and it is safe to do so'

sharkbait

You will probably find it is mandatory for all police to put it on your license now after they got a kick up the back side , just double check with them when you come to submit it

Territory Hunting