Alt-berg boots do I polish from new

hairlesshunter

Hi all just bought some new alt-berg boots do I polish from new with the leder gris or wait till I have worn them a couple of weeks or they have been wet cheers Craig

tuck1

Me too, and use a hairdryer carefully to melt the wax and drive it into the leather by your chosen method.

ChesterP

After every use before putting them away. best kept away from direct heat too such as next to a radiator. I've several pairs now, brilliant boots....Oh and definitely do NOT use a hairdryer LoL! That's not very kind on the leather. Ledergris will soak in to damp or scuffed leather very effectively by applying a generous coat, leaving overnight, then give a gentle buff next morning.

tuck1

To clarify, hairdryer to warm the wax to melt it a little. (Other heat sources are available )

ChesterP

LoL....Ledergris doesn't need melting. Its base makes it easy to apply even in colder weather. It's not like a stick of beeswax! (more like ordinary shoe polish in consistency).

Hales Smut

I use the Ledergris and Ledergris Extreme on all my boots and leather footwear. Chiruca, Chevalier (old model) , .... very good product. I use it without heating.