Am I missing something......? Yes, the FC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupus

Three days away from a PC, I get back and the FC bashing thread has disappeared! Not wishing to start it again, I'm just curious what happened to it. I was just starting to enjoy myself. :cry:

Wolfie

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Lets not forget the contentious posters that get to sent to the same destination.

John

Lupus

Wouldn't have thought the Gamedealer would have much call for contentious threads, or posters for that matter. Tough, chewy, take a long time digesting, keep repeating on you, and often leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

:lol:

Wolfie

countrryboy

Must admit i thougt it was reasonably peaceful and verging on sensible in parts (well almost), really not like the usual FC bashing, :popcorn:fest at all .

Althou it possibly heated up while i was away also, i did think i something was wrong when i tried looking for it

6pointer

I think yours was the last post CB so no drama after that. I am sure it will come up again with the next set of leases or the next set of contracts lol

Ranger22

I'm sure the topic of the FC will come up again which will be fine as long as what is said is factual and not utter rubbish.

Al

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Come on, really ?

It's not you who has to spend time and effort reading all the PM's that come from the opposing sides in these threads, who has to wade through pages of posts to try and sort it out. You have no idea how many complaining PM's and emails we get each week all of which we have to look at and try to make sense of. Now when you consider that this is a labour of love and not employment then sometimes the path of least resistance is very attractive. I/we know that we will not please everyone all of the time but it can't be helped.

Think how much easier it would be for us to run the site in a manner that suits everyone if we had more time, time of course could be saved if everyone abided by the existing rules but they don't so we have to spend time Policing the basics of the site. So put yourself in our shoes and consider how you could fit in all that would be required to run this site in a manner that suits all, have enough time for a family life, make a living and have a life of your own! It's not easy.

John

perdix

You have my every sympathy with that one JayB.
I ran a large motorcycle forum for a lot of years and now a smaller one.
I don't think some realise how much freedom of speech the do have here compared to many sites.I know the owner of the first site i moderated was as strict as on some matters and very lax on others making the task very hard to judge.
Can't see a problem with this place at all.Keep up the good work

David T

Sorry but I am lost now. I haven't complained about anything, I haven't complained about how the site is run, I haven't been rude to anyone, I haven't been argumentative, I haven't been negative about anything. A member asked a question and I posted a response. Hardly radical or contentious.

Can we close this thread or make it disappear before things get carried away.

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Sorry but I am lost now. I haven't complained about anything, I haven't complained about how the site is run, I haven't been rude to anyone, I haven't been argumentative, I haven't been negative about anything. A member asked a question and I posted a response. Hardly radical or contentious.

Can we close this thread or make it disappear before things get carried away.

Didn't strike me that way, you posted a three word reply which was at best ambiguous, if you are lost it is your own fault. If you want to say something then do so clearly and in an unambiguous manner then I will know exactly what you mean.

John

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Three days away from a PC, I get back and the FC bashing thread has disappeared! Not wishing to start it again, I'm just curious what happened to it. I was just starting to enjoy myself. :cry: Wolfie

I deleted it.

It was because complaints were received from various parties concerning some of the accusations that were being made and the way in which the discussion was being conducted between certain individuals. In short it spelled trouble and at the time I was too busy to go through it post by post to clean it up so I made the judgement that the site would be better off without it.

It was NOT because I was trying to 'censor free speech', am 'in the pocket' of certain entities or any other sinister reasons that have been levelled at me since. As John has said, we spend a lot of our time moderating the site and sometimes you might not agree with our judgement but we do our best for the site with the time and resources that we have and that is all we can do.

If only people would be willing to temper their views a bit or at least try to word their opinions in a less inflammatory fashion then the site would be a better place for it IMO.... and less threads would be deleted.

Alex

CWMMAN3738

I as the OP also questioned this & this is the response I got sorry it's backwards I copied & pasted it from my messages

2nd reply
And you'll forgive me if I'm not particularly bothered whether you believe my explanation or not.

We are damned if we do and we are damned if we don't. I was flat out yesterday and I didn't have time to pick through and delete/edit all the stuff which people should have had the sense/manners not to post in the first place, or to issue warnings, or to placate the main protagonists after the thread was gone. That's the simple truth of the matter and I'm not going to repeat it again.

We are here to discuss deer stalking, yes, but we aren't a political movement. If issues cause trouble on the site over and over again then we can do without them.

Alex

2nd message
Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738
You'll forgive me if I don't completely buy you reason as no warnings were given by admin in the thread as normal and given the people involved it wasn't going anywhere it could simply have been locked as is normal now it appears to all that FC criticism isn't allowed on this site, I'm not saying its the case but that's how it appears to many now, you haven't done the site any favours in his censorship. Just view my inbox for people afraid to post that's without the emails & texts, phone calls I got off members about it, very poor judgement in my opinion you should be encouraging free discussion of emotive topics, but I suppose it's up to you.
Originally Posted by csl
Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738
1st
Can you tell me why my FC thread was deleted completely, I must say they it stinks a bit if it was out of hand fair enough lock it but it wasn't or is there more sinister reasons it was removed are we not allowed to discuss the ethics or practices of the FC in a critical way?
1st reply
Nothing sinister, the thread was getting personal, there were complaints from both sides and I simply didn't have time to go through each and every post to sanitise it so I removed the whole thread as the way it was going it was more trouble to the site than it was value.

So it appears that emotive or troublesome issues are not of any value to this site.

6pointer

The FC have made great strides of late in scotland and one of the reason,s is that it has been brought to their attention that there are issues at lower level,s. If we cannot discuss the biggest manager of deer and leases in britain then what chance have we got as a deer stalking site. Please don't tell me the FC get it correct every time i just don't believe it.!

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Discussion - fine.
Unfounded accusations - not fine.

I've answered the question as to why the thread was deleted, and the OP of the thread in question has also seen fit to copy and paste the same answer I gave him by PM. So now it's all out there.

Move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.