Ammo Cost

kevhumps

I know that it's a regular topic on the forum but, thurs I puchased some rounds.. . Rem243 75g BT @ £18 +vat and Sako .308 150g @ £20+vat which I thought was reasonable. But I also needed 12g shells , £6.45 + vat for 34grm N0 5 Express. Damn I didn't know shotty ammo had gone up so much!! I'm sure I only payed £4.65 inc, a box last season! I know everything's gone up, but the shells seem to have gone up a lot more than the rounds! Am I paying too much, or is just under £8 abox about the going rate??
Kev.

RED-DOT

I bit the bullet (ha) and bought 6,000 assorted cartridges in 1995 in all 3 guages i use and the cost then was around £85/1000 for Gamembore....

ziggy

i bought two boxes of 30g 5s today and they were £6.35 each, my usual clay cartridge is now a bit over £50 dearer per thou than when i started a coiuple of years ago

KMCK

I was getting Remington 50gr sp .222 for £12.50 box from Crocketts of Glasgow, was in the other week didnt have any so went to Glasgow Field Sports £25.99 a box:(

Last edited:

luke wady

relaoding is the way to go with rifles, if you shot more that 100 round in cal per year, lee kit plus die cost £150( ,Lee Precision: Breech Lock Challenger Kit) tray Of primes £3 box of bullet fron £15 to £45 per 100 powder £45 ( 180 loads per pound in .243 size case)

so you pretty much set up for cost of 200 factory

Heym SR20

410 cartridges at £6 per box - can I get reloading dies for the 410 that fits a normal rifle press. Given that use little powder and shot reloading will be the way to go methinks.

ndt man

Went into local gunshop for some 243 have not purchased any for years as I reload all my own. But due to emergency I had to buy some so I asked what he had ? so he said I have Winchester and sako me standing in the shop with 40 pounds thinking I will take two boxes when I asked about the price £32 for Winchester and £36 for the sako well I just stood in shock the words just fell from my lips I said you robbing ba----d.well I just had to apologise he just stood and looked at me and I had to just leave the shop when I told my mate about it he said yes but you meant it.( this i all true about 3 years ago)