And another defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full choke

Another defeat for the great priminister do what now
This crap goes on and on is there anyone in this country that can solve it
Nissan are gone honda gone and BMW are considering moving out which is only 6 miles from me
There will be bigger all left

Olaf

Nissan are gone honda gone and BMW are considering moving out which is only 6 miles from me
It’s an easy fix.
It’s called revocation of article 50.
We can always leave when it suits us, and not a bunch of dubious Brextremist liars.
Kindest regards. Olaf

It’s an easy fix.
It’s called revocation of article 50.
We can always leave when it suits us, and not a bunch of dubious Brextremist liars.
Kindest regards. Olaf
How could this be countenanced when parliament overwhelmingly voted to hand the decision to the people in the first place (by 6 to 1) and then voted by a majority of 384 to trigger article 50?
In the last election, both Labour and Tories stood on manifestoes to uphold the referendum result.
Revoke article 50 and democracy is dead in this country. Stand back and watch the fireworks.

Chasey

Every one seem to be ignoring the fact we are now at the mercy of the EU

Its reely up to them what happens next as we have made such a balls up of doing it ourselves

On the upside at least the majority of MPs realise a no deel is a total economic disaster and must be avoided.

Chasey

How could this be countenanced when parliament overwhelmingly voted to hand the decision to the people in the first place (by 6 to 1) and then voted by a majority of 384 to trigger article 50?
In the last election, both Labour and Tories stood on manifestoes to uphold the referendum result.
Revoke article 50 and democracy is dead in this country. Stand back and watch the fireworks.

Not if theres a third referendum

Then it will be democratic

I sincerely believe people are more aware of the full implications now and would vote with that knowledge and this will all be democratically over and done with

Freeforester

I'd urge you to read for yourself The Rotten Heart of Europe, by Bernard Connolly, (Faber & Faber), Connolly was for years a senior EU executive working inside the economic and financial side of the 'institution', but was sacked for telling a few home truths about the shocking corruption and dishonest and fundamentally undemocratic way it is run, as indeed most EU whistleblowers are dealt with; to date, no one has countered any of his assertions and findings as to the operational 'anomalies' (fraud) he has brought forward, and he has indeed been awarded accolades in some European countries for daring to expose these scams to the wider public. He demonstrates clearly why the Euro as a currency is doomed to fail, and exposes the 'enlightened self-interest' of the main proponent countries involved, even at the expense of each other.

Moreover, it is clear that events in several member states which are shortly to unfold will make Brexit seem like a timely opportunity to part, and that we had the good sense and determination (despite the efforts of some of the 'servants' of our people at Westminster) to see through.

Kindest regards,

Ff

Hereford

But I thought all the car manufacturers were scare-mongerers? Jaguar/LandRover were over-zealous and un-patriotic going down to a 3 day week?

Woe is me o_O did you actually think they would have stuck around for the no deal that you wanted?

But no one listened and the departure of company after company has been totally un-reported in the right wing press (especially the ones owned by the poster boys of Brexit) - it's a bit late to start crying about it now.

In my lifetime I have watched industry after industry been hung out to dry by the Tories (including my bright career cut short engineering in the Signals only to then have engineering in the Midlands destroyed). The Tories are fixated on coming up with new ways to make money purely from money, designing and implementing legislation to create tax havens and avoidance schemes - they care nothing for those that get their hands dirty in the blue collar, yet many are surprised that this time they've screwed practically everyone over - despite watching them do it from the early days of Thatcher. And an opposition that is no opposition :oops:....

Now lets see if they can come up with a good enough excuse to extend article 50 - and then lets see if all the other member states agree to it, as that's not a given either as they get to decide (after we have right right-royally wasted their time for the last 2 years). We must look to the rest of the world (where this has been reported more accurately and with objectivity) like the 'Idiot Uncle'.

woodmaster

I don't see how the MP's can wash their hands of sorting this out by giving the decision back to the people. I seem to remember that when the referendum was won by the leave voter we were told that they (including me) didn't really know what we were voting for and didn't understand the complexity of implementing such a decision. In plain English we are thick and should have never been given the chance to make such monumental decisions. Now they (the MP's) say that after two plus years they are also to thick to sort the job out so will hand it back to us (the thick electorate). So unless it is the case that all those that voted to leave are incapable of implementing the outcome of the referendum due to being of simple mind, it must be that only those who wish to remain have the intelligence to sort this out. However they too seem to have had little to put forward other than simply to remain in the union. There is a simple saying that goes something like the blind leading the blind!

tjm160

The 2016 Referendum asked simply whether we wished to leave or remain in the EU.

ANY 'deal' means remaining in the EU and does not deliver the choice of the people.

If Brexit is thwarted, it will mark the end of democracy in this country and the dishonesty in parliament and in the populous still refusing to honour the peoples choice, will reap what it sows from their beloved anti-democratic, autocratic and corrupt EU.

The fourth Horseman

In my lifetime I have watched industry after industry been hung out to dry by the Tories (including my bright career cut short engineering in the Signals only to then have engineering in the Midlands destroyed). The Tories are fixated on coming up with new ways to make money purely from money, designing and implementing legislation to create tax havens and avoidance schemes - they care nothing for those that get their hands dirty in the blue collar, yet many are surprised that this time they've screwed practically everyone over - despite watching them do it from the early days of Thatcher. And an opposition that is no opposition :oops:....

Fascinating !! I don't know how old you are but I have watched industries vanish since we joined the Common Market.
At that time it was widely said that Germany would do all the manufacturing, France the Agriculture and Britain the paperwork.
This has worked out totally that way and this island has let all it's heavy engineering with some of the best workers in the world vanish. Don't anybody try to tell me that the Black Country folk were slackers, but they were sold out to Europe and China.

FISH BOY

I spoke to a pal today who has a very large Italian client who asked whether Brexit was going to cause his company to relocate back to the EU.

His retort was hell no, Italy and the EU is full of corruption and bribery - everyone is out for themselves. He then went on to say that due to UK regulation, it is the safest place in the world to keep your money - even the crooks know that!

With regards to big manufactures leaving due to Brexit, I think that considerable EU relocation subsidies might just have had a small influence on that...

Must admit, I am getting very tired of Brexit and wonder what our politicians did before it came along :rolleyes:

Every one seem to be ignoring the fact we are now at the mercy of the EU

Its reely up to them what happens next as we have made such a balls up of doing it ourselves

On the upside at least the majority of MPs realise a no deel is a total economic disaster and must be avoided.
We have an £80 billion trade deficit with the EU and we can buy goods from anywhere around the globe. Surely they need a trade deal?
Conversely, we have a £40 billion trade surplus with the rest of the world.
Ultimately though these discussions are just a boring rerun of the referendum debate. We had the debate and voted accordingly, time to move on.

Last edited:

Chasey

I'd urge you to read for yourself The Rotten Heart of Europe, by Bernard Connolly, (Faber & Faber), Connolly was for years a senior EU executive working inside the economic and financial side of the 'institution', but was sacked for telling a few home truths about the shocking corruption and dishonest and fundamentally undemocratic way it is run, as indeed most EU whistleblowers are dealt with; to date, no one has countered any of his assertions and findings as to the operational 'anomalies' (fraud) he has brought forward, and he has indeed been awarded accolades in some European countries for daring to expose these scams to the wider public. He demonstrates clearly why the Euro as a currency is doomed to fail, and exposes the 'enlightened self-interest' of the main proponent countries involved, even at the expense of each other.

Moreover, it is clear that events in several member states which are shortly to unfold will make Brexit seem like a timely opportunity to part, and that we had the good sense and determination (despite the efforts of some of the 'servants' of our people at Westminster) to see through.

Kindest regards,

Ff

And yet somehow we benefited massively from being in it and as individuals it granted us a level of freedom and protection we now stand to lose all together

Corruption in big institutions. Shock horror and there was me thinking all humans in positions of power were whiter than white :D

Chasey

We have an £80 billion trade deficit with the EU and we can buy goods from anywhere around the globe. Surely they need a trade deal?
Conversely, we have a £40 billion trade surplus with the rest of the world.
Ultimately though these discussions are just a voting rerun of the referendum debate. We had the debate and voted accordingly, time to move on.

Is it the EUs fault we buy French wine & German cars?

The fact is, our trade with the EU is 13% of our economy where as the EUs trade with the UK is only 3 to 4% of their economy.

So you work out who has the most to lose in this.

FISH BOY

The fact is, our trade with the EU is 13% of our economy where as the EUs trade with the UK is only 3 to 4% of their economy.

Dont mean to be a sour grape but personally I would consider due to the collective economy size difference GB vs EU its like comparing apples and mellons.

What I would take from that article is that we imported 302b of goods and exported 242b which in fairness isnt bad going comparing one economy against a collective of 20 odd EU states.

If anything it shows how strong we are.

And yet somehow we benefited massively from being in it and as individuals it granted us a level of freedom and protection we now stand to lose all together

Corruption in big institutions. Shock horror and there was me thinking all humans in positions of power were whiter than white :D
Which freedoms and protections will we lose exactly?
Ask the unemployed Greeks (youth unemployment 37%) and Spaniards (youth unemployment 33%) which freedoms and protections they are enjoying?
Seriously, please provide a list.

Ask the Greeks and Italians if they think the EU has given them freedom having had democratically elected governments deposed by the EU and replaced with unelected technocrats.

Leaving gives us sovereignty which is surely the ultimate freedom.

Germany’s competitive devaluation when transferring from the DM to the € is the only reason they want to keep Europe together. A 12-15% competitive advantage over trade with the rest of the world is a strong motive.

EU trade is a minority of our overall trade and has been declining as a percentage for some years now. Seems common sense to concentrate on the majority and expanding part of our trade surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.