And another defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly. We are the 5th biggest economy globally and they need our trade. If they cut us off we can buy cheaper elsewhere once out of the customs union and it will mean cheaper prices for consumers as we won't need to apply protectionist external tariffs.

WHy do you imagin we dont buy "cheaply elswhere" now? Could it possibly be because we cant get what we want more "Cheeply" outside the EU?

Yes we can buy anything from anywhere and theres never been a bar on that but our free trade agreement with the EU meant the cheapest place to buy was from the EU

SO sure we will carry on buying stuff post Brexit. It will just be more expensive due to the costs we have loaded on the supplier and more expensive due to the import duties.

Or of course we can do what we are doing and scrap tariffs across a wide range of products. Which is great for the consumer but not so good for the country as by WTO rules we have to offer the same deel to EVERY importer. so we lose a lot of tax

But not a problem as the government is creating loads of new tax for us to pay which will cover the shortfall

At the moment its all stealth tax and soft targets (like the BTL pensioners) but very soon we will have the full on tax increases to cover the massive cost of Brexit starting with the scraping of tax relief for a fixed payment of 48.00 per person and lowering the higher rate of tax band from 50K down to 36k because people earning 36K are obviously rolling in it and can afford to pay 40% tax. The Workplace pension con will be extended to take pressure off NI contributions and the government providing a liveable pension, emissions tax, more congestion charging tax and of course there will be the tole roads they are building now to further tax the car owner into the ground.

The UK govt has recently spent 3 billion pounds on temporary measures to cope with a hard Brexit

Personally id have spent that on the NHS rather than softening the reality of Brexit to all the people who thought it would be great, but thats just me :D

That 3 billion didn't fall off the magic money tree, it will be clawed back in tax. to the tune of £150 for every working tax paying man & woman

Then of course there the cost of negotiating Brexit and the on going cost of negotiating 760 new trade deals.

The UK tax payer will have to pay for that as well and of course the increased cost of goods.

But dont worry the benefits of Brexit are apparently going to be amazing, so I am sure we will all be millionaires by Christmas and the extra tax wont matter a jot.

And yet somehow we benefited massively from being in it and as individuals it granted us a level of freedom and protection we now stand to lose all together

Corruption in big institutions. Shock horror and there was me thinking all humans in positions of power were whiter than white :D

You cannot say that anymore Chasey, it's not PC and not in accordance with Human Rights.:p:p

WHy do you imagin we dont buy "cheaply elswhere" now? Could it possibly be because we cant get what we want more "Cheeply" outside the EU?

Yes we can buy anything from anywhere and theres never been a bar on that but our free trade agreement with the EU meant the cheapest place to buy was from the EU

SO sure we will carry on buying stuff post Brexit. It will just be more expensive due to the costs we have loaded on the supplier and more expensive due to the import duties.

Or of course we can do what we are doing and scrap tariffs across a wide range of products. Which is great for the consumer but not so good for the country as by WTO rules we have to offer the same deel to EVERY importer. so we lose a lot of tax

But not a problem as the government is creating loads of new tax for us to pay which will cover the shortfall

At the moment its all stealth tax and soft targets (like the BTL pensioners) but very soon we will have the full on tax increases to cover the massive cost of Brexit starting with the scraping of tax relief for a fixed payment of 48.00 per person and lowering the higher rate of tax band from 50K down to 36k because people earning 36K are obviously rolling in it and can afford to pay 40% tax. The Workplace pension con will be extended to take pressure off NI contributions and the government providing a liveable pension, emissions tax, more congestion charging tax and of course there will be the tole roads they are building now to further tax the car owner into the ground.

The UK govt has recently spent 3 billion pounds on temporary measures to cope with a hard Brexit

Personally id have spent that on the NHS rather than softening the reality of Brexit to all the people who thought it would be great, but thats just me :D

That 3 billion didn't fall off the magic money tree, it will be clawed back in tax. to the tune of £150 for every working tax paying man & woman

Then of course there the cost of negotiating Brexit and the on going cost of negotiating 760 new trade deals.

The UK tax payer will have to pay for that as well and of course the increased cost of goods.

But dont worry the benefits of Brexit are apparently going to be amazing, so I am sure we will all be millionaires by Christmas and the extra tax wont matter a jot.
Just a simply solution to that then bin the 14 billion we fire abroad in foreign aid. That will help considerably I’m sure.
But wait we won’t do that it’s too easy a solution!!!!

My Mrs just text to say our trusted mp''s are having a vote on allowing a second referendum..
Could I please ask the likes of Chasey and Olaf etc... if the vote goes 48/52 in favour of staying in the EU, what happens ? Do we have to accept it because it's a democratic vote ?
Jimmy

I do not have a trust fund, have worked all my life and served my country in the armed forces.
Look back at Labours history and you will find that they have always left the country in dire straits. The tory party have then taken power, made hard decisions (much to many peoples dislike) and turned the country around. The hard decisions they have had to make have then resulted in people forgetting that Labour caused the problems in the first place.
And low and behold Labour are voted back in again and the cycle repeats.

this! it's so obvious that this is the cycle yet so many can't see it !

I will not vote tory again , their incompetence and arrogance is staggering.

I cannot vote for Corbyn and abacus because they will destroy my country.

I will look at the options and vote tactically to achieve as much discord in parliament as I can , it's rotten to the core and needs a shake up !

I am a tory party member and I am waiting for the next local meeting where I will attend and throw my membership card at them and explain my thoughts to them on their performance, matt hancock can put that in his pipe and smoke it!!

And I’m also in the hope it doesn’t happen camp!

Like I said many times before, I couldn’t care less about the political waffle, all I care about is getting to the continent to holiday with my family and hunt hassle free.

The best thing that could happen is for some one to set fire to article 50 and then we can all turn around and get on with business as usual.

Let’s face it, politicians have always pleased themselves anyway, this crock of nonsense has come as no suprise to me what so ever

If that is all you care about what a very sad person you are.:dummy:

And I’m also in the hope it doesn’t happen camp!

Like I said many times before, I couldn’t care less about the political waffle, all I care about is getting to the continent to holiday with my family and hunt hassle free.

The best thing that could happen is for some one to set fire to article 50 and then we can all turn around and get on with business as usual.

Let’s face it, politicians have always pleased themselves anyway, this crock of nonsense has come as no suprise to me what so ever
I'm biting my tongue so hard the blood is choking me.
I often wonder if you make these kind of comments in order to get threads closed

I just found out that I will have to take out a new driving license for Germany as it is my main home, but as I have been here more than 3 years I apparantly will have to do the whole course test shiete again AGH!!! Many Euros and time wasted.
BB

I think that some people on this site need to get out more. Spend some time in the fresh air to clear their heads. Perhaps even take up some form of countryside recreation. I understand that deer stalking is quite a popular option these days. Oh.... hold on... wait a minute.... I'm sure I read something about that on here somewhere....

We elect Politicians as our representatives to go to parliament to make difficult decisions on our behalf. Manifesto's, referendums etc are only advisory in nature and politicians should take these into account, but also take into account the real world challenges.

Parliament has clearly said that it doen't want to leave without a deal.

Parliament has clearly said that Mrs May's deal is not acceptable

I cannot see how Mrs May's deal will get through a third attempt, and crashing out should not be an option.

And Europe quite rightly wants to get on with the other 27 countries.

The only sensible course of action is to revoke Article 50 to stop us crashing out.
Then have a series of debates in parliament to get a consensus on what a leave deal should look like and that is acceptable to parliament. And then go back to Europe to negotiate that, trigger article 50 and leave if that seems to be the right course of action.

I am pretty sure that Scotland will go independent within the next three or four years - the only politician who is making any sense is Mrs Mugabe and that is truly worrying.

In the meantime I will continue my day job of helping British and North American medical and technology companies get the funding on board to set up their European operations in Europe and staffed by Europeans to deliver to the European market. We have already set up a European business, but from March 29th it's very unclear whether I or other British nationals can actually work there, although have a number of colleagues with EU passports who can - so we can sit back and watch our European colleagues have all the fun. Funnily enough we are not seeing many EU based companies wanting to do the reverse.

It is a monumental Cluster **** of epic proportions. If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious.

We elect Politicians as our representatives to go to parliament to make difficult decisions on our behalf. Manifesto's, referendums etc are only advisory in nature and politicians should take these into account, but also take into account the real world challenges.

Parliament has clearly said that it doen't want to leave without a deal.

Parliament has clearly said that Mrs May's deal is not acceptable

I cannot see how Mrs May's deal will get through a third attempt, and crashing out should not be an option.

And Europe quite rightly wants to get on with the other 27 countries.

The only sensible course of action is to revoke Article 50 to stop us crashing out.
Then have a series of debates in parliament to get a consensus on what a leave deal should look like and that is acceptable to parliament. And then go back to Europe to negotiate that, trigger article 50 and leave if that seems to be the right course of action.

I am pretty sure that Scotland will go independent within the next three or four years - the only politician who is making any sense is Mrs Mugabe and that is truly worrying.

In the meantime I will continue my day job of helping British and North American medical and technology companies get the funding on board to set up their European operations in Europe and staffed by Europeans to deliver to the European market. We have already set up a European business, but from March 29th it's very unclear whether I or other British nationals can actually work there, although have a number of colleagues with EU passports who can - so we can sit back and watch our European colleagues have all the fun. Funnily enough we are not seeing many EU based companies wanting to do the reverse.

It is a monumental Cluster **** of epic proportions. If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious.
With the risk of stating the obvious they have had 2 and a bit YEARS to debate. I appreciate it’s a mess, I appreciate there is no best way to do this to please all people but for me they asked the people, the people decided out, we were not asked what kind of out or in for that matter we would like question was in or out simply. Now I’m not sure weather it will be suicide to be out or weather it will be great to be out but and this is the point NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON KNOWS what will happen once we’re out. We’ve been in and I didn’t like it so I voted out.
If they cannot continue with the majority of the country and leave then democratic values have left this land. If that decision proves to be a mistake then so be it but they have to go through with it.

If we have a second, third,fourth vote where will it end?.I suspect it would end when the elite get the answer they want which clearly is not to leave.

All of them make me sick. Do what the majority have voted for and leave. It’s simple. I’m dam sure we would not have a second, third vote etc if we voted to stay.

We went through two wars (not me personally) and we were ok in the end. Although it took many unnecessary lives and much work. Fir me the past labour administrations done more economic damage to this country than leaving the self righteous, disingenuous, self electing gentleman’s club that is the EU will ever do!!!!!

Anyone doing any stalking at the moment?

I didnt get out last weekend as I was away and I have a couple of TR matches this weekend - I've booked the 22nd off work though so I'm really looking forward to spending the day out then!

Hopefully knock a few more does off the cull list before the end of the season.

I didnt get out last weekend as I was away and I have a couple of TR matches this weekend - I've booked the 22nd off work though so I'm really looking forward to spending the day out then!

I've been doing a lot of daydreaming about stalking, if that counts. Quite a bit of it at 3am while trying to soothe Pine Martine. I come on here for some vicarious stalking kicks to tide me over. I'm sort of hoping that by mid-April or May, I could be allowed a day trip. That drilling needs an outing on deer!

Yes stalking last week and preparing for duck opening on Saturday.

And I'm already out of the EU. And life goes on.

Busy with lambing at the moment, but will be back out in the woods as soon as that eases off.
Managed to achieve cull target already (fallow), but there's a couple of cripples need taking out.

Suffering from Brexit Fatigue now.
The TV over here seems to be pushing for out and over with it they want the UK to just get on with it JFDI.
Cannot polish a turd forever etc.
But as I am now back home I can at least get out and onto the fox / mind control.
BB

I'm shooting every day but mostly paper roe

Since I only hunt for my own consumption i don't often kill anything (other than rabbits)

However the wind at the mo is making things very difficult

I do not have a trust fund, have worked all my life and served my country in the armed forces.
Look back at Labours history and you will find that they have always left the country in dire straits. The tory party have then taken power, made hard decisions (much to many peoples dislike) and turned the country around. The hard decisions they have had to make have then resulted in people forgetting that Labour caused the problems in the first place.
And low and behold Labour are voted back in again and the cycle repeats.
This 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back