And another defeat

jimbo1984

Anyone doing any stalking at the moment?

I didnt get out last weekend as I was away and I have a couple of TR matches this weekend - I've booked the 22nd off work though so I'm really looking forward to spending the day out then!

Hopefully knock a few more does off the cull list before the end of the season.
Dropped 3 muntys and a doe follower yesterday out again this evening

Freeforester

"I am pretty sure that Scotland will go independent within the next three or four years - the only politician who is making any sense is Mrs Mugabe and that is truly worrying."

Do please show workings on this one, even NS isn't that daft! No money, no means of generating enough to sustain current spending, this would mean min 10 years of further austerity, only this time being foisted on the new Nation from the same folk berating the medicine at the moment; oh, and the small matter of ineligibility to join the EU (which about half of her party members are also against), owing to, er, us owing too much to others already, much less the one seventh our annual GDP North of Carlisle being required as the annual membership fee.

Can't see even the most fervent/rabid proponents of independence going for that, even some of them are still canny Scots, but as before, happy to look at the back of the shortbread packet to make sense of your sums!

Olaf

My Mrs just text to say our trusted mp''s are having a vote on allowing a second referendum..
Could I please ask the likes of Chasey and Olaf etc... if the vote goes 48/52 in favour of staying in the EU, what happens ? Do we have to accept it because it's a democratic vote ?
Jimmy
No, I don’t think that that sort of tiny referendum result is acceptable as it would only create the same sort of disaster. If there were to be a People’s vote then there would would need to be a clear majority percentage set and there would need to be an independent fact checking authority used to approve the campaigns on both sides.
As it stands though, I do not think that a second referendum will happen. Brexit is a dead as a drowned rat and has been for months. If article 50 is not terminated then all that we are going to end up with is way inferior to what we currently have.
Anyone stupid enough to try to claim that they were voting for a no deal Brexit back In 2016 or for a Mrs May deal ( all that Brexit can achieve given her extremely silly red lines) has unfortunately been extremely mislead as to what the EU is and what a hard Brexit actually causes.
What amazes me is this silly bickering and hatred that I see from both sides of the debate and the lack of patriotism from both sides of the debate. The most jaw droppingly stupid part of it all is that the best way now to achieve what the Brexit campaign to leave the EU was promising in 2016 could best be achieved by termination of article 50.
Britain can have its cake and eat it , they just need to stop flogging a dead horse and get on a new one.
Kindest regards, Olaf

Last edited:

Uncle f

Anyone doing any stalking at the moment?

I didnt get out last weekend as I was away and I have a couple of TR matches this weekend - I've booked the 22nd off work though so I'm really looking forward to spending the day out then!

Hopefully knock a few more does off the cull list before the end of the season.
Sorry mate your in the off topic section? Perhaps post in the deer stalking general one bud?!!!
Off topic is for things.....let me see not stalking retated. Don’t like it don’t read it simple old son

jimbo1984

We elect Politicians as our representatives to go to parliament to make difficult decisions on our behalf. Manifesto's, referendums etc are only advisory in nature and politicians should take these into account, but also take into account the real world challenges.

Parliament has clearly said that it doen't want to leave without a deal.

Parliament has clearly said that Mrs May's deal is not acceptable

I cannot see how Mrs May's deal will get through a third attempt, and crashing out should not be an option.

And Europe quite rightly wants to get on with the other 27 countries.

The only sensible course of action is to revoke Article 50 to stop us crashing out.
Then have a series of debates in parliament to get a consensus on what a leave deal should look like and that is acceptable to parliament. And then go back to Europe to negotiate that, trigger article 50 and leave if that seems to be the right course of action.

I am pretty sure that Scotland will go independent within the next three or four years - the only politician who is making any sense is Mrs Mugabe and that is truly worrying.

In the meantime I will continue my day job of helping British and North American medical and technology companies get the funding on board to set up their European operations in Europe and staffed by Europeans to deliver to the European market. We have already set up a European business, but from March 29th it's very unclear whether I or other British nationals can actually work there, although have a number of colleagues with EU passports who can - so we can sit back and watch our European colleagues have all the fun. Funnily enough we are not seeing many EU based companies wanting to do the reverse.

It is a monumental Cluster **** of epic proportions. If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious.
I hope to god scotland does go independent soon but true independenance not the “ we’re using your currency as we still want hand outs” I think for the fortnight it lasts it’ll be lovely for them

Jon Smith

Those Remoaners who are overjoyed at the willful destruction of our biggest ever democratic mandate – to leave the EU – need to think again.
It is their democracy which is being destroyed, too.

Olaf

We elect Politicians as our representatives to go to parliament to make difficult decisions on our behalf. Manifesto's, referendums etc are only advisory in nature and politicians should take these into account, but also take into account the real world challenges.

Parliament has clearly said that it doen't want to leave without a deal.

Parliament has clearly said that Mrs May's deal is not acceptable

I cannot see how Mrs May's deal will get through a third attempt, and crashing out should not be an option.

And Europe quite rightly wants to get on with the other 27 countries.

The only sensible course of action is to revoke Article 50 to stop us crashing out.
Then have a series of debates in parliament to get a consensus on what a leave deal should look like and that is acceptable to parliament. And then go back to Europe to negotiate that, trigger article 50 and leave if that seems to be the right course of action.

I am pretty sure that Scotland will go independent within the next three or four years - the only politician who is making any sense is Mrs Mugabe and that is truly worrying.

In the meantime I will continue my day job of helping British and North American medical and technology companies get the funding on board to set up their European operations in Europe and staffed by Europeans to deliver to the European market. We have already set up a European business, but from March 29th it's very unclear whether I or other British nationals can actually work there, although have a number of colleagues with EU passports who can - so we can sit back and watch our European colleagues have all the fun. Funnily enough we are not seeing many EU based companies wanting to do the reverse.

It is a monumental Cluster **** of epic proportions. If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious.
Absolutely fantastic post, bang on the head of the nail. Brexiteers need to take a look at reality and stop chasing the Dragon.
Ps, how’s your European dog ?
Kindest regards, Olaf

Hereford

Sorry mate your in the off topic section? Perhaps post in the deer stalking general one bud?!!!
Off topic is for things.....let me see not stalking retated. Don’t like it don’t read it simple old son
Tread lightly, you must, when challenging a favourite!

Olaf

Curled up asleep at moment - definitely has her own mind - it’s trying to sleet outside and she said no to a walk. How is yours?
Very good thanks, she’s staying with a friend at the moment as I’m in Germany.
She’s doing really well, she’s found over 50 deer now in her little job.
I think anyone who took a pup from that litter chose well.
Kindest regards,
Olaf

Chasey

My Mrs just text to say our trusted mp''s are having a vote on allowing a second referendum..
Could I please ask the likes of Chasey and Olaf etc... if the vote goes 48/52 in favour of staying in the EU, what happens ? Do we have to accept it because it's a democratic vote ?
Jimmy

So by referendum we voted to join the EU which I suppose was democratic

And by referendum we then voted to leave the EU which your also claiming was democratic even though it over ruled the previous referendum

Now theres a possibility of a third referendum and somehow this time it wouldn't be democratic?

Explain how that works?

Now of course the argument is. We didn't vote for the EU we have now hence the second referendum?

But apparently if there were to be a third referendum, it can not be held on the basis that the "leaving the EU " we originally voted on in 2016 is NOT what we are ending up with?

Just face facts. The Brexit hard liners are scared out of their wits that a THIRD referendum would result in us staying in the EU because now the cat is well and truly out of the bag as to what Brexit really means to us the people of this great country.

If this were not tre then the hard line Brexitears would be clamouring for a referendum with a clear choice of Hard Brexit or staying in the EU because NO ONE wants the soft Brexit option.

And please for the love of all thats holy stop suggesting theres an amazing deel to be had that will appease everyone. Thats right up there with the second coming of Christ which millions believe in possibly billions of people believe in but its total utter rubbish

tackb

So by referendum we voted to join the EU which I suppose was democratic

And by referendum we then voted to leave the EU which your also claiming was democratic even though it over ruled the previous referendum

Now theres a possibility of a third referendum and somehow this time it wouldn't be democratic?

Explain how that works?

Now of course the argument is. We didn't vote for the EU we have now hence the second referendum?

But apparently if there were to be a third referendum, it can not be held on the basis that the "leaving the EU " we originally voted on in 2016 is NOT what we are ending up with?

Just face facts. The Brexit hard liners are scared out of their wits that a THIRD referendum would result in us staying in the EU because now the cat is well and truly out of the bag as to what Brexit really means to us the people of this great country.

If this were not tre then the hard line Brexitears would be clamouring for a referendum with a clear choice of Hard Brexit or staying in the EU because NO ONE wants the soft Brexit option.

And please for the love of all thats holy stop suggesting theres an amazing deel to be had that will appease everyone. Thats right up there with the second coming of Christ which millions believe in possibly billions of people believe in but its total utter rubbish
taking this forum as an example , you remoaners are in the minority(same as the referendum by coincidence....) , if we have another referendum as long as it says mays deal or no deal (we've already decided on leaving) i'm well up for it !

Chasey

taking this forum as an example , you remoaners are in the minority(same as the referendum by coincidence....) , if we have another referendum as long as it says mays deal or no deal (we've already decided on leaving) i'm well up for it !

On this forum yes, but I am on a few others like my Diving Forum where members would rather admit to being podophiles than having voted Brexit.